mbam.exe doesn't start

Hello,

Windows 7 pro 64

Mwalwarebites was running fine until Saturday 6 Mai. On Sunday 7 I got an alert : "Protection on exploit desactivated.". So, I tried to activate it but it did not work. I restarted my PC and the program was no more accessible. I tried to start directly from "mbam.exe", and it did not work.

mbam.exe has been created on 28/03/2017 and so is the date of the last access.

Can I uninstall the program by using "uins000.exe" created 28/03/2017 and download a new Malwarebytes program ?

Thanks for your help.

MB-CheckResult.txt

Hello

I can't uninstall "mbam.exe" with "unins000.exe" because it doesn't work and I had to force Windows to close.

Should I install the new version og Malwarebytes without unistalling the old version that doesn't work ?

If yes, what are the risks of malfunction ?

If no, what shold I do ?

Thnks for your help.

hello, it's me again

I Finally I decided to install the recommended latest version 3.1.2.1733.

It did not work . I can't still start Malwarebytes.

So i did go through the Application and System events that occured
from now to 7/05/17 back and found the following :

See events mbam-exe.txt
The actual version of "mbam.exe" on my PC is 3.0.0.1068
The MBAM service from Windows is started and resumed.

See events ms-antimalware.txt
On 7/05/2017 Malwarebytes had run as planned on 12:00 and indicated at 12:30 that my
PC was clean.
On 8/05/2017 Malwarebytes did not function.
First time this MS-Antimalware event occured at 7/05/17 14:57.

What can I our you do ?

Thanks for your help.

events mbam-exe.txt

events ms-antimalware.txt

Hello,

I was using MB-clean downloaded from the site https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2756495-malwarebytes-mb-clean-tool

wich tell to download the latest version from  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean .

The version from this site is 3.1.0.1002 ; the one I used and did not work.

Finally I got mb-clean version 2.4.1.1021 !

It uninstalled and installed perfectly with my ID and Key.

I don't remember how I got the good version 2.4..., but https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean  is not the right site.

As the new version started I got a popup window telling "impossible to contact the licence server". What is this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

mb-clean-results2_4_1_1021.txt

mb-clean-results3_1_0_1002.txt

Can you please provide FRST logs as outlined below:

Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs

1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
  3. Press Scan button
  4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ningen said:

I have not heared anything from you !

What's the problem ?

On may 14 you said it was working so @dcollinstook you off his watched list. Also, you used an old version of MB clean. please download the current one below.

** Download MB-Clean Here **

How to use it?

1. Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking the link above
  2. Close all open applications
  3. Double-click and run mb-clean.exe 
  4. A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility
  5. Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).
  6. Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete
      • Choose this option if you do not want to download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • A log file ("mb-clean-results.txt") will be on your desktop 

If that does not work use the below instructions to get the newest Diag logs.  Do not use any tool you already have.

• Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Please consider selecting the "Follow/Following" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Edited by Porthos

I overlooked that you have compatibility mode turned on for some reason. Can you please right click the Malwarebytes desktop icon and then choose properties. On the compatibility tab, please uncheck all options and then click apply. Then click "Change settings for all users" and uncheck all options, then click apply. Finally click ok, then reboot and try to open Malwarebytes