I have a feeling this is because the TrendMicro UI is a 32-bit executable whereas you need to access the 64-bit version of drivers. The easiest solution here is to change the path  to C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers if it will allow you to type in there. 

Use this kaspersy screen as an example.

58e6bca198ee5_ScreenShot2017-04-06at3_08

Try to copy and paste these.

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\mbae64.sys

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\mwac.sys

C:\Windows\Sysnative\drivers\farflt.sys

Bingo. I typed sysnative and I found the drivers folder and inside that folder I can see the system drivers for malwarebytes. Currently, I am not facing any problems with Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017 and MB 3.0 it's just that in the control panel and i go to system security and security and maintenance I can see that Trend Micro and MB is turned on and at the bottom it's saying Note: Running more than 1 antivirus app at the same time can cause your device to run slowly. So far I haven't seen any slow on my laptop. Are you running the MB premium as well?

7 minutes ago, Staticguy said:

Are you running the MB premium as well?

I only use Windows Defender. I feel confident that MB added to the built-in Defender is enough.  I also use only Firefox or Chrome with the Ublock origin addon to browse the web.  I also keep MONTHLY Image backups on an external drive. Been using Malwarebytes since its beginning.

MB 3.0 is the next generation of signatureless protection and will get even more powerful in the future.

Edited by Porthos

11 minutes ago, Staticguy said:

Bingo. I typed sysnative and I found the drivers folder and inside that folder I can see the system drivers for malwarebytes. Currently, I am not facing any problems with Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017 and MB 3.0 it's just that in the control panel and i go to system security and security and maintenance I can see that Trend Micro and MB is turned on and at the bottom it's saying Note: Running more than 1 antivirus app at the same time can cause your device to run slowly. So far I haven't seen any slow on my laptop. Are you running the MB premium as well?

Happy to assist.

On 24/04/2017 at 1:43 PM, Porthos said:

I would add these to Avast or any other AV and add your AV folders to the Malwarebytes exclusions.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Also the MB folder in Program Files  and the one in Program Data (it is hidden by default)

Hi @Porthos

Just a quick question - if the Malwarebytes folder itself is added to AV exclusion list, why wouldn't that automatically include all the files inside such as mbam.exe?

Only curious as I've added just the Kaspersky folder to MWB exclusion list.... :)

Edited by CSHTech

5 minutes ago, CSHTech said:

why wouldn't that automatically include all the files such as mbam.exe?

It depends if the AV adds things recursively (everything in a folder) like MB does. But the sys files have to be added separately because you would not want to exclude THAT folder as a whole for any reason. 

Edited by Porthos