Client database version outdated

I have many client's that are reporting old database versions. When you right click on the system tray icon and choose check for update, malwarebytes shows that they are up to date.

Once you hover your mouse over the system tray icon, you can clearly see the date is incorrect (outdated) and also when you check the MBMC, that shows the database version on those specific client's does not match the latest version as of today (Which is v2017.03.29.07)

Example:

I have a pc online, showing version v2017.02.15.08. When you check for updates, MWB says it is up-to-date.

Please advise. I do know that a re-install will fix the issue (not sure for how long).

Edited by vs2015sv

• Staff

Hello vs2016sv,

That sounds like your clients may be having an issue reaching out to whatever was set for the database updates. Are you using the standalone anti-malware client or are you using the management console? If you are using the standalone client, can you please collect the logs from this directory:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\logs

If you are using the managed client, I want to have you collect these logs:

-Locate the this folder on the client computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Managed Client
-In this folder, right click the 'CollectClientLog.exe' utility and run it as admin.
-Save these logs to the desktop of the computer.
-Zip up this folder and attach it to the next reply.

Go ahead and attach those logs and I can see what is occurring. 

• 1 month later...

Same issue here.
Case opened since 27.03.2017. Still no progress on this issue.

What I saw on the regarding clients (sccomm.log):
Debug 2017-04-26 16:43:50.0724     4304  7     Download signature file: https://***.***.***.***:18457/SignatureDownload/rules.ref
Error 2017-04-26 16:44:50.0048     4304  7     Failed to get signatures: System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (503) Server nicht verfügbar.
   bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   bei SC.Client.SCComm.ClientCommService.Communicator_NewSignaturesAvailable(Object sender, NewSignaturesAvailableEventArgs e)

vs2015sv and smallen50: Do you have the same "503" errors in your log?
(C:\ProgramData\sccomm\sccomm.log)

The error 503 is kinf of misleading, because the server is reachable in every way. You also can download the "rules.ref" manualy by doing it through the webbrowser
(pointing at the local server url).

Regards
Daniel