Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469 does not find updates ?

I have previously had Malwarebytes 3.0.5 installed and working !!! :)

I have received a software update that has upgraded the software to 3.0.6.1469.

Once upgraded the Dashboard states that the 'Updates are not current'.

No matter how many times I try to update, no updates are found.

On Version 3.0.5.1299, I was on 'Component Package 1.0.75' and 'Update Package 1.0.1535'

I am now on at Version 3.0.6.1469 'Component Package 1.0.75' and 'Update Package 1.0.1394'

Should i be getting the updates ?

How do I fix this ?

Malwarebytes-about-306.png

Malwarebytes-dashboard-306.png

Edited by PhoneNumberZero
Missed Screen Cap

Here are my Logs. [To assist problem solving efforts]

Clearly shows Ver 3.0.5 working and downloading the update to 'Component Package' and 'Update Package'

When the update to 3.0.6 is downloaded and installed, then future updates fail. !!!

[From MBAMSERVICE.LOG]

"SDK/Controller package is downloaded and installed by ver 3.0.5.1299.

"DB/ClsEng package is downloaded and installed by ver 3.0.5.1299.

Line 679 onwards: ===> 920    "A New version (3.0.6) of pkg [mbam-c.installer.consumer] (FULL) is available" & downloaded.

Line 884                : ===> 322    "General Error - HTTP POST failed"

Line 885                : ===> 1304    "Exception details: msg=Permission denied, name=I/O error, what=I/O error, cls=class Poco::IOException"

Line 886                : ===> 704    "Received a [-10] response from Keystone. This isn't one of the expected httpStatus returns."

Logs.zip

I had a similar problem, where the updates were not being checked and downloaded automatically, even though I had check and download automatically selected in settings. Even after e-mailing, all they could say was uninstall the present version, reinstall the latest version and update. Well I did this and it lasted two days, before reverting to what had happened previously.

However, things went from bad to worse a day later, when I got the BSOD issue with version 3, which is all over this forum, but that's another story.

Apparently they are working to fix a number off issues with version 3, however, I am now back to version 2, waiting for a corrected version 3, with all the issues corrected to be released.

Thanks Bomberh, I know what you mean :)

I had reverted to Version 2 when 3.0.4 had problems.

I then tried 3.0.5 that eventually installed with UPDATES working !!!

[Although i think the problem may have been the updates are not 'pushed' en mass but in batches ???]

I will be patient and see where this goes ......... I can always go back to Version 2 until Ver 3 evolves :)

:welcome:  Phonenumberzero,

Let's please make some adjustments for the startup settings of Malwabytes
Inside of *Malwarebytes* under *Settings* -> *Protection*,
scroll down to Startup Options   ( see image snapshot below)
Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup  should be on by default.

Be sure that *Delay* Real-time Protection is set to OFF ( 1) & lets have it OFF

Look at Enable *self-protection module* (2)  and lets have it OFF

When all done, close Malwarebytes.
Please use the Windows Start menu and do a Restart.
Perhaps if this is on Windows 10, you should do a Restart >> Shutdown  ( then wait a minute)  & then power back ON & startup Windows.

Have patience on the next round as Windows loads up.

mb3-start-sprot.png.471ba36667304c45d86574a9561fc15b.png

If that does not help the issue, then please read the following link   and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)

Maurice,

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for not mentioning the OS type/version.

FYI: It is in the MBAMSERVICE.LOG, the 'Service controller Initalisation' messages list the found OS/Ver.

198    "Service Controller starting controller initialization"
199    "Product code MBAM-C"
202    "OS Version Windows 7 Service Pack 1"

I tried what you said but it did not work.

I tried a clean install in a new Win 7 Sp1 Virtual Machine to eliminate the impact of any other software.

This did work and showed that the latest Update Package was 1541 :)

I retried the install on my PC using the original 'mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe', and this worked, got Update Package 1541.

I assume that the POST error had been fixed at Malwarebytes end of the link ???

PROBLEM FIXED !!!

Thanks for your assistance / pointer to a solution. :)

:(:(

Problem not fixed !!!

I have got the same problem after 3.0.6 has been working for less than 2 days !!!

[No updates to any software etc to explain sudden stop !!!]

[The log errors are the same 'POST failure' & "Received a [-10] response from Keystone. This isn't one of the expected httpStatus returns." error.]

I have tried re-installing after performing a 'Deactivate license' & 'mb-clean' etc, it does not work ..... again.

I cannot spend anymore time on this so have rolled back to 3.0.5 which is working and updating 'Component Package' and 'Update Package' as it should.

I will wait a while for 3.0.6 to evolve to a better version !!! :)

Edited by PhoneNumberZero
Correction of Duration 3.0.6 working.!!!