Is it possible to upgrade my 1 pc license to a 2 pc license?

5 hours ago, jayman1000 said:

Recently I paid for a 1 pc license. Now I have gotten another pc that I would like to use Malwarebytes on. Is it possible to upgrade my 1 pc license to a 2 pc license?

Yes. Buy another license.

Depending on how "recently" (<30 days?) your original purchase occurred, and whether you bought that direct from MB, you should contact support and ask if they will give you the 2nd license for the additional $$ to bring your total cost to $49.99 (the cost for 2 licenses).

2 hours ago, Telos said:

Yes. Buy another license.

Depending on how "recently" (<30 days?) your original purchase occurred, and whether you bought that direct from MB, you should contact support and ask if they will give you the 2nd license for the additional $$ to bring your total cost to $49.99 (the cost for 2 licenses).

It's 3 months ago, so perhaps too late. But the problem is if I buy another 1 pc license, they will be out of sync with eachother by the time the first runs out, the second will still have several months left, so if I buy a 2 year license at that time I will lose 3 months of membership. Besides, buying a 2 pc license compared to a 1 pc license is only like 20% more expensive, so maybe I will be best off by buying a 2 pc license now. I still lose a lot of money because the first license I bought 3 months ago will then be worthless... damned if I do damned if I dont, kinda makes me feel cheated.

Edited by jayman1000

1 hour ago, jayman1000 said:

yeah I know what you mean. But the protection the program offers are still very good, even if there is annoying and recurring bugs.

How do you know that "the protection the program offers are still very good"??? With version 3 everybody is happy just to have it running without conflicts, let alone "protection"

2 hours ago, happybut said:

How do you know that "the protection the program offers are still very good"??? With version 3 everybody is happy just to have it running without conflicts, let alone "protection"

Well I visit malicious sites often etc and it really does protect my computer. Reputable reviewers also rate it highly; it has a good reputation for protection.

Edited by jayman1000

21 hours ago, jayman1000 said:

It's 3 months ago, so perhaps too late

I'd still email support for some grace. The worst that can happen is that they will deny your request. More hopefully they will tack on the 2nd machine to your current license such that they will both expire in approx 9 months. Given the issues around v3 I would hope they would show some leniency. Your call.

... and don't be put off by the naysayers here who only grumble but seldom help to solve issues.

Edited by Telos