web protection keeps turning off in 3.0

On 5/01/2017 at 0:35 PM, dcollins said:

Hi all! If possible, can you please turn on Event Log Data under Settings -> Applications. Once turned on, please reboot and wait for Web Protection to fail starting. At that point, please zip up the entire C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs folder and upload it here. Note that the folder may be hidden, so you'll need to turn on hidden folders or type the address manually to find it. Once done, you can turn off Event Log Data under Settings -> Application again.

Here's mine. Had this problem several weeks ago and it has suddenly returned.

logs.zip

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Firefox said:

Let's try this first.... (if it does not work, start your own thread with the requested logs for one on one help)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Previously on this forum, I was already advised to uninstall and reinstall and then sent log files to MBAM, after which I was again advised to uninstall and reinstall, could you please verify that the reinstall link you have provided is a more recent version than I just did for this procedure?

cmdd, I have had a couple repeat problems of the same since moving to 1.0.75, but definitely far fewer. I've held off updating one computer from version 2 until this significant problem is completely fixed. In one case, the error returned as soon as I downloaded a VPN software. The problem went away when I turned off the VPN, without a system or Malwarebytes restart.

bdubrow, thank you for your informative update on your end. I have used Malwarebytes long enough to know it is a great product, and this is a one-off major problem. I will hold out with you in hopes for a permanent fix.

After about a week clear with no errors, Malwarebytes gave me a protection error again this morning. What is very strange is that the program has reverted to a previous version without me making any system changes at all. I was running the update package version 1.0.75*, but now it has gone back on its own to 1.0.15 and the errors have returned. How did that happen, and why?

14 hours ago, mumof3kiwis said:

After about a week clear with no errors, Malwarebytes gave me a protection error again this morning. What is very strange is that the program has reverted to a previous version without me making any system changes at all. I was running the update package version 1.0.75*, but now it has gone back on its own to 1.0.15 and the errors have returned. How did that happen, and why?

Can you please upload the logs requested in the following thread so we can see what happened here? Thanks!

Weird about the zip file, as that's actually what we need more than anything else. Do you know what exact error message you get?

As far as a permanent solution, it's hard to say as we're seeing a lot of these issues that don't seem to have similarities.

If you're interested, we did release a beta version of our new CU4 update. You can download it from the thread below if you're interested in testing it out