Malawarebytes 3.0.6 sluggish

On 2/2/2017 at 1:47 AM, MrDavid said:

For the record, I also am having the exact same problem, the Dell PC is running windows 7 with Mcafee and the Malwarebytes 3.06. since installing 3.06 my pc was slowing everything down then freezing to a complete lock up, having to unplug the PC to get it going again. Since disabling 3.06 it has returned to normal. Perhaps we could return to the previous version of Malwarebytes which was great. I am awaiting further instructions what to do.:unsure:

Just to let you know, MrDavid, I have started to notice the same sort of sluggishness and freezing since upgrading to MB3 that did not exist previously.  I am not asking for any assistance, so I don't wish to start a separate thread.  I may end up removing MB3 completely to see if the problems subside.  I simply wanted a fellow member and MB3 user to know that others are experiencing some of the same issues.  Given this, and some other previously noted concerns, I am generally not too thrilled with MB3.  For the first time ever, I have considered removing the program from my computers.

• Root Admin

Well I split your topic off @mynorgeek as the only way it can get better is if you let someone help you. Below is what I just posted to MrDavid

We have tried to explain what's going on but it seems we're not doing a good job. There is a LOT more protection and things going on with Malwarebytes 3 it is absolutely going to use more resources on any computer not just a slow computer. It is loading many more modules and protecting your computer on different levels that previous versions did not.

Now, that said, in most cases the speed can certainly be improved on the computer by doing some clean up and maintenance. Will it be the same as 2.x? No, it will not. It's doing much more work.

Example: If you were asked to plant seeds for 20 feet of ground you can probably do that without breaking a sweat. Now, if I asked you to plant 1,000 feet of ground, you're going to break out in a sweat because you're do much more work. The same thing with Malwarebytes 3.x - it is doing much more work.