Unable to connect the Service

I am using Malwarebytes for a while now, last night I had a message to update the software. After I updated the Malwarebytes I started having this message "Unable to connect the Service".  Since it won't run, I couldn't find the version, so I looked at "Programs and Features" in the control panel, and it says "Malwarebytes version 3.0.6.1469".

#frustrated :(

error.png

log.txt

Edited by bamalik
upload log file

I have the same issue. Email to support and waiting to hear. I try to uninstall and reinstall, and removal of MWB..and I could not remove MWB..from my pc..and reinstall..

I email to support ..I have 2 cases numbers waiting to hear..It was working..than it not working..this issue started with the new update. I have the lifetime subscription

Hope this issue will be resolve. I can not remove MWB from my pc..and reinstall..an error pop-up..runtime error..could not call proc. (at 44:134):..Now, my pc can not download MWB CORRECTLY.

I

DSC05335.JPG

31 minutes ago, CaptainCrash said:

Other people have had the same issues who are not using F-Secure, so while it may be a common factor among a few, it's not THE common factor among all who have the problem.

Maybe, But if a user has F-Secure at default settings this will occur until F-Secure's processes the whitelist request for v3, which as of the current version hasn't occurred, If you have constructive advice for the OP please share it.

Unable to connect the Service:  That's what happen when I upgraded to V3.06.  

The only way now is to run Malwarebyte from the tool bar where the "show hidden icons" are located.

The desktop icon will not work.  Nor can you go to the directory where the files are located and select the program.

Edited by CRYSTALRADIO
Typo

@Nimits The conflict is with F-Secure's DeepGuard. You don't need to turn off F-Secure (or DeepGuard). There are 2 solutions that work until F-Secure resolves the conflict.

1. Add the MBAM folder to F-Secure's ignore list for its scanner (this is the best of the 2 options), or

2. Go into DeepGuard and choose the checkbox which reduces DeepGuard's effectiveness (you do not need to fully disable DeepGuard).

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, Telos said:

@Nimits The conflict is with F-Secure's DeepGuard. You don't need to turn off F-Secure (or DeepGuard). There are 2 solutions that work until F-Secure resolves the conflict.

1. Add the MBAM folder to F-Secure's ignore list for its scanner (this is the best of the 2 options), or

2. Go into DeepGuard and choose the checkbox which reduces DeepGuard's effectiveness (you do not need to fully disable DeepGuard).

Hope this helps.

Surely, it's not down to f secure to resolve this conflict. They are not claiming that their software is compatible with anybody else's, but Malwarebytes are, so it's Malwarebytes that should be making sure that their claim stands up.

8 hours ago, CaptainCrash said:

Surely, it's not down to f secure to resolve this conflict. They are not claiming that their software is compatible with anybody else's, but Malwarebytes are, so it's Malwarebytes that should be making sure that their claim stands up.

You're simply wrong. FS welcomes false positives feedback (just as most all security providers). They then evaluate the FP report and update their database if warranted. MBAM staff has already contacted FS and this is underway. FWIW, FS responded positively to a PF I reported that DeepGuard didn't like. Since you state you are a beta tester for FS you should know this.

2 hours ago, Telos said:

You're simply wrong. FS welcomes false positives feedback (just as most all security providers). They then evaluate the FP report and update their database if warranted. MBAM staff has already contacted FS and this is underway. FWIW, FS responded positively to a PF I reported that DeepGuard didn't like. Since you state you are a beta tester for FS you should know this.

I'm not going to get into personal spats on here.  I do know how the FP system works, and have also informed FS of the issues.  But, up until yesterday, there was no evidence of a connection with FS, and there are still non-FS users with the same problem.  

52 minutes ago, CaptainCrash said:

But, up until yesterday, there was no evidence of a connection with FS, and there are still non-FS users with the same problem.  

Again your response is ill=informed, The FP with F-Secure was reported in this forum the week v3 was released. And yes there are non-FS users with unrelated "connect to service" issues. So what.

Maybe if you heard the FS issue directly from MBAM staff you'd quit downplaying here. So read on...

Have the last word if you like.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Telos said:

Any chance you are using F-Secure?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Telos said:

Any chance you are using F-Secure?

Yes, I have F-Secure on my PC. Everytime, I turn on the pc, I have to reinstall MWB, and than it starts working. This has to be done everyday. Hope, I can just leave

MWB on and not install daily. Tom, at support email me help solutions, nothing worked. Can you explain about F-Secure..blocking the start up?? Thanks

@arlene Did you look at the link in my post from @dcollins?

He describes 2 methods to avoid the F-Secure conflict. I would opt initially for the first which requires you to make an exclusion in F-Secure's antivirus scanning for the MBAM folder. Then reboot and you should be good to go. If that doesn't work try his suggestion to turn on Compatibility Mode under DeepGuard. 

Hope this helps!