How to permanently and completely allow Wise Registry Cleaner?

Malwarebytes keep finding that my Wise Registry Cleaner program is a non-malware threat. It finds alot of reg entries and foldes and files. I use Wise Registry Cleaner for a number of tasks (registry cleaning is far from the only thing the program does). Anyway, I couldnt figure out how to allow everything Wise Registry Cleaner related, only folders and files, but that wont prevent Malwarebytes finding reg entries a threat. Its just annoying to see Malwarebytes mentioning every single day that it has found threaths. It has reached a point that I dont even check what has been found because I just assume it is still just Wise Registry Cleaner (as it have been the previous 50 days or how long it has been since it began finding it). So when an actual threat does come one day I most likely wont notice.... So how can I completely allow Wise Registry Cleaner?

Edited by jayman1000

Registry Cleaners are known to be harmful to the system and should not be used for any reason there is. It's a known fact that using these programs can easily break a Windows installation, to the point where a complete reinstallation might be needed. Here's a few myths about using these programs, and why they are just plainly false.

• "Using a Registry Cleaner will improve a system's performance" - False. The Windows Registry is a big database which contains information on everything present on the system, from the boot settings to how your programs looks when you open them. There's so many entries in it that cleaning even thousands of them isn't enough to boost a system performance. Also, there's no studies, tests, benchmarks, etc. which shows that using Registry Cleaners actually improve a system speed;
  • "Using a Registry Cleaner will fix all your errors" - False. Using a Registry Cleaner won't fix any problems at all. In fact, it have more chances to create them if anything. There's no program that can fix every problems in a simple click, and there probably never will. If you have an error, it's better to troubleshoot that error in particuliar by finding what's causing it and fixing it than using a software that might give you more errors;
  • "If you don't use a Registry Cleaner, you'll leave a door open for malware" - False. It is rare that malware will actually hijack orpheans keys and keypairs in the Registry to create persistence or install themself. They'll usually create their own keys/keypairs since they have been instructed (coded) to do so, and the creator cannot expect every system he'll infect to have leftover keys. Also, pretty much only Reg Loading Points in the Registry would be of any interest for a malware to hijack, and these are usually occupied already, or quickly deleted when empty;
  • Registry Cleaners aren't Registry Defraggers - These are two different kind of software who have two distinct function each.
  • On a last note, there's a lot of Registry Cleaners out here that won't create a back-up of your Registry before applying the changes they make. Which means that if you use them and clean entries that prevents Windows to reboot after, locking you out of your computer, you won't be able to restore a precedent Registry back-up via the Recovery PE. This means that if you can't fix the boot issue after that, you'll most likely be forced to reinstall Windows;

Registry Cleaners were used back in the days by developers who were using a OLE-schema for their applications. They used these to clean the Registry after uninstalling their programs, just in case there was traces of it left behind that could affect a reinstallation. These were back in the Windows 95 and Windows 98 days and this practice isn't in effect anymore. Therefore, there's no reason for you to use such programs and quite a few to avoid them instead.

Here's more articles on Registry Cleaners that are worth a read if you want to learn more about them and why you shouldn't use them.

You can change Malwarebytes' settings so it ignores PUP detections (or doesn't treat them as threats).

So you are saying that I only have the option of turning PUP detection entirely on or entirely off? Why cant I choose a specific PUP to exclude?

There are lots of PUP's that are completely worthless and installed without the users express knowledge, or dubious install tactics are used to sneak these programs to install on a users computer. I DO want to have such programs detected. But I would like to keep Wise Registry Cleaner out of the detection process... Look, I KNOW the program is there, you dont have to keep reminding me every single time I login to Windows.

"Therefore, there's no reason for you to use such programs and quite a few to avoid them instead."
As I mentioned the program does other functions than registry cleaning.

Edited by jayman1000

So you are saying that I only have the option of turning PUP detection entirely on or entirely off? Why cant I choose a specific PUP to exclude?

You can choose to exclude specific files, folders, etc. I'll look into it when I get home tonight, since I don't have Malwarebytes 3.0 installed at work.

As I mentioned the program does other functions than registry cleaning.

From a technician point of view, I doubt it does anything remotely useful to a system.

3 minutes ago, Aura said:

From a technician point of view, I doubt it does anything remotely useful to a system.

It has a "Tune up" section where you can enable/disable many Windows settings which I find is much much easier than actually using Windows to do this (WIndows have these options scattered across many different control settings and in convoluted places, hidden away  and whatnot).

Same problem reported with Auslogics. The issue is 2-fold. One they are PUPs. But some of us are OK with that. Setting them to "ignore always" works partially. There seems to be a path issue (or length?) that doesn't allow some "ignore always" to stick, while others for the same product are fine. I reported it earlier here:

Apparently it got missed in the 3.0.5 excitement. Maybe MBAM support will stumble into this thread to respond/

• 1 month later...

I recently downloaded and reinstalled Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise registry Cleaner.  I have used these programs for a long time with no problems.   MWB started flagging this program some time ago and, like many, I told MWB to ignore it.  But with this recent reinstall of the programs I began to see some problems and things I do not like.

First,  My browser started crashing regularly - for unknown reasons.  When I would run a MWB scan  - Wise Euask folder would come up as flagged in my Appdata/Roaming folder.  When I would delete it - things were fine - and then wham - it's right back again.  Wise Euask is supposedly their new all encompassing community forum and fact finder for anything in the universe.  Something when asked to sign up for - I decline by clicking the "not now" button in Wise Disk Cleaner.  When I do that, it takes me directly to the Wise Euask website - If that isn't intrusive I don't know what is.  I don't know why the Wise Euask folder is continually created in my Appdata/Roaming folder either.  Really don't care - all I know is it IS causing problems. 

Second,  Wise registry cleaner gets more suspicious with all the pups and weird entries in my registry.  When I reinstalled it I told MWB to ignore it this time also.  But unlike in the past - it creates more and more crap for no apparent reason in my registry.  It worked fine for 2 days and then - wham - MWB finds 89 entries from Wise Registry Cleaner  - complete with PUPS and all kinds of other things.  To me - this is a flag something is going on with this program that is not on the up and up. 

When MWB started flagging these Wise programs, I scoffed at it and ran them anyways.  But after all this the past few days.  I am taking MWB advice and deleting the Wise Programs.