MBAE is preventing Ms Word, Excel and Powerpoint to open

We have got Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for business version 1.08.2.1189 running on our computers. I work in IT Support team and one of our staff members is experiencing issues with it. MBAE is preventing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to open regardless of the fact if the document is a newly created document or an attachment in the email. 

When I open any document (word, excel or ppt) it closes within a few seconds with the attached message. I have done a security scan to check if there's any unwanted file or program but It all came clean. After checking the logs, I could see a lot of things in there like an exploit code has been blocked etc.

I have tried disabling the anti-exploit shield for ms word only but it still does the same thing.

Can you please urgently help on this as it has become almost impossible to work?

Regard

Priyanka

FDB.JPG

Edited by pgaba
wanted to add some additional info

• Staff

Hello Priyanka,

The 1.08 build is not the current latest version of the anti-exploit product. So you may be experiencing a bug or conflict that we have already fixed. Can you take this install package and test it on the users machine and see if it fixes the issue?

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/7gbe30azrsfof7v2poithvvda2huu1w9

If it does not fix it, I want to have you collect me a zip of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and send it to us. That will give us information on the block and how to fix it from there! 

• Staff

Hello Priyanka,

Unfortunately the version of anti-exploit in the console/server software only gets updated when a new version of MBMC is released. However, we do have an option in the policy for your clients to get updated automatically to that version via the policy. If you go to the policy pane and open up the policy the clients are on, go to the anti-exploit tab. You should see the top checkbox on the right side that says "Automatically upgrade anti-exploit on clients"

Thank you, 

Hi @Rsullinger

Thanks for replying. 

We created a new installation package from the Management console and pushed that install onto the client's computer to get the latest version. 

Once updated, it solved the problem of closing the office applications. 

Thank you once again for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards

Priyanka