Upload image as thumbnails ? or shrink to medium size?

mbw62

When inserting an image, it will show in 'full size'.
When inserting multiple images, the thread gets way too big. That's to say, from my point of view.
A more 'elegant' way would be to have the images inserted as thumbnails, or as medium sized images.
Once a user -optionally- clicks on it, it will then resize to 100%.

AFAIK currently there is no method to do that?
Or am I overlooking an option..??

btw I wanted to delete an attachment and initially did not find the delete button... I was about the close the thread posting
and start all over, then I discovered the tiny recycle bin on top of the attachment. Pure coincidence.
Maybe add these buttons to the top, next to [Insert other media] - like a kind of group with actions:

"insert into post, upload, delete"

=

SnagIt-30122016 090237.png

SnagIt-30122016 070507.png

20 hours ago, mbw62 said:

When inserting an image, it will show in 'full size'.

When inserting multiple images, the thread gets way too big. That's to say, from my point of view.

A more 'elegant' way would be to have the images inserted as thumbnails, or as medium sized images.
Once a user -optionally- clicks on it, it will then resize to 100%.

AFAIK currently there is no method to do that?
Or am I overlooking an option..??

Totally agree with you on this, and what's even better is that our forums already automatically resizes images in to "thumbnails" for you when you attach/upload an image file. So consider that already done?? Lolz.

Specifically, any image that is uploaded is saved at full resolution but the initial view of the image within the thread or when clicked on will be no higher than 1000 x 750. You can click the Full Size button to see the full resolution if needed. This reduced resolution view is considered the "thumbnail view" in the IPS settings world.

With that being said, do you feel 1000 x 750 is too large? If so, what do you fell would be a more optimal setting?

20 hours ago, mbw62 said:

btw I wanted to delete an attachment and initially did not find the delete button... I was about the close the thread posting

and start all over, then I discovered the tiny recycle bin on top of the attachment. Pure coincidence.
Maybe add these buttons to the top, next to [Insert other media] - like a kind of group with actions:

"insert into post, upload, delete"

I'm not sure I'm tracking on how that would be an improvement. The way the options are now they can support situations where there are only one attachment or multiple attachments that can be inserted easily anywhere in one's post and provide the option to selectively delete an attachment.

Edited by AlexSmith

About deleting attachments, I agree with you on that: the things how it has been set now, is that you can delete individual attachments. Only point I wanted to make is that a newcomer may quickly overlook the buttons, well, at least I did: normally there is no need to delete an attachment, so one does not pay attention to the existence. Maybe colorize the button (red for delete).
Anyway... I know now  :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

=

p.s. as for resizing, I've looked up another forum where a post looks like this. when clicking on the medium sized image, it will
be displayed full size. Obviously, this is entirely upto you.

SnagIt-31122016 123412.png