Slow Laptop After Upgrade To Malwarebytes 3.0

22 minutes ago, Ried said:

Hello mooota1514,

Do you happen to have MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) installed on this machine?  If so, please turn off the Real Time Protection in MSE, then try again to install Malwarebytes 3.0.4 and let me know if you have better results.

Hi I can't find it in Add/Remove, but  I have "windows live essential 2011" is that the same thing I run Kaspersky total security though

• Staff

No, that is a Messenger type program from Microsoft.  I'd like to get a look at what you have installed on this machine and see where the conflict may lie.

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open -- DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will make produce 2 logs in the same directory the tool was run from. Please attach the following logs to your next reply:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt.

• Staff

Thank you for the logs.

Please add these files to your Kaspsersky Internet Security exclusions list

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Then I would like you to restart the computer, try again to install Malwarebytes 3.0.4 and let me know if it's any better.

15 hours ago, Ried said:

That's a shame and I believe Kaspersky is interfering. If you feel like trying again in the future, try turning off Kaspersky completely when you install Malwarebytes.

Hi ill try again today as you say turning off Kaspersky while I install Malwarebytes then ill get back to you.

Hi I; reinstalled the latest Malwarebytes with Kaspersky internet security switched off then rebooted the laptop 

After it rebooted and fired up it was still slightly sticky but not as bad....(clicking on icons made it slightly freeze)

so I totally disabled Kaspersky, and  it ran perfectly just like the old Malwarebytes plus I rebooted, and it fired up no problem, so the problem is Malwarebytes and Kaspersky are not friends at the moment I've now disabled Malwarebytes and enabled my antivirus back on 

I also left the exclusions that you posted about in a later post.

Hi I; reinstalled the latest Malwarebytes with Kaspersky internet security switched off then rebooted the laptop 

After it rebooted and fired up it was still slightly sticky but not as bad....(clicking on icons made it slightly freeze)

so I totally disabled Kaspersky, and  it ran perfectly just like the old Malwarebytes plus I rebooted, and it fired up no problem, so the problem is Malwarebytes and Kaspersky are not friends at the moment I've now disabled Malwarebytes and enabled my antivirus back on 

I also left the exclusions that you posted about in a later post.

Wow massive improvement just downloaded the patch 3.0.5 & it shuts down and boots up now on my windows.7 laptop with no freezing just like the old version did plus it is getting on ok with Kaspersky also there is no pop-up saying protection is switched off great work guys.

Edited by mooota1514

• Staff

That is very odd. Before I have you uninstall and remove folders, I'd like to collect a couple of Malwarebytes folders.

Download the attached Fixlist.txt and save it in the same location as FRST64.exe.  Both the Fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe must be in the same location for the script to execute.

1. Double click FRST64.exe to launch the tool

2. When the tool opens, click the *FIX BUTTON*.

3. Once it has finished, a zipped folder will have been created on your Desktop with today's date.

Please attach that zipped folder in your next reply.

Fixlist.txt

• Staff

Thank you so much. :)

Okay, let's proceed with uninstalling Malwarebytes via Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall a program.

Reboot if it asks you to, if not, proceed with the next step:

Download this new Fixlist.txt  and save it in the same location as FRST64.exe.  Both the Fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe must be in the same location for the script to execute.

1. Double click FRST64.exe to launch the tool

2. When the tool opens, click the *FIX BUTTON*.

3. Once it has finished, a Fixlog.txt will be created - I do not need to see that.

Go ahead now and download and install version 3.0.5 from here https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Let me know if it's any better

Fixlist.txt