Impossible updates with Malwarebytes 3.0.4

Hi, I passed from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium v2.2.1.1043 to Malwarebytes 3.0.4 on my win7 laptop but now it is not possible to do the updates. I tried to check the firewall of my antivirus (AVG Internet Security) but it seems everything is OK. I tried also to totally disable the antivirus and to reinstall Malwarebytes 3 without results. Could you give me some help/suggest? Thanks.

Hi paolinios :)

Can you follow the instructions in the thread below, and add the information/log asked? It'll help the Staff a lot :)

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-how-to-report-a-new-issue/

If you did an upgrade to Malwarebytes 3.0 (which means, you didn't uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1 beforehand), you can try uninstalling Malwarebytes 3.0 and reinstalling it then see if your issue is still present or not.

Hi Aura,

I uninstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium v2.2.1.1043 and then installed Malwarebytes 3.0.4. At this point, when I try updates appears this error message “Failed to contact the update server. Please check your internet connection." (see the attachment). My OS is windows 7 SP1 x64. I tried to:

1. disable the antivirus (AVG Internet Security): no results;
  2. disable the antivirus, uninstall Malwarebytes and install again Malwarebytes: no results;
  3. uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes more than one time: no results.

Find in the attachment, copy of the contents of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs. Pls let me know what I can do to resolve the problem otherwise I shall have to reinstall again Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium v2.2.1.1043.

Thanks in advance.

Malwarebytes Error.docx

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

• Staff

Hello paolinios,

I'd also like to get a look at what else is running on this machine and check for possible conflict.

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt 

• Staff

Ok, the reason you cannot get updates is because someone added our Update servers to your Hosts file which in very simple terms, is telling it not to allow it to connect.

Download the attached Fixlist.txt and save it in the same location as FRST64.exe.  Both the Fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe must be in the same location for the script to execute.

1. Double click FRST64.exe to launch the tool

2. When the tool opens, click the *FIX BUTTON*.

3. Once it has finished, a Fixlog.txt will open and also have been saved in the same location the tool was run from.  I do not need to see that just yet,.

Turn off AVG and reinstall Malwarebytes 3.0.4 over the top of itself and let me know how things are now.

Fixlist.txt

Ried, I followed your instructions and now the program has been updated. I do not know what happened with FRST64.exe but now Malwarebytes is OK. In the past 2 - 3 days I have searched the internet a solution but also by following several tips I have not found it. I am glad to have found this forum to solve my problem. Thank you again.