offline start blockes the service

Konrad

launching the SW I get the message: 'Your license failed to activate'. I have captcha driven Internet access and MAR beta doesn't start properly. It needs Internet access immediately. If not - I cannot launch it and need to restart the computer. I am afraid that for dial in Internet access it won't work :( Any hints? Maybe producer needs to change this function...

Hello Konrad and :welcome:

Using only the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following .zip archive file for MBARW developer team analysis:

Please create a .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory:

C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\

Please attach the .zip archive to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Looks like it's OK now. Probably iolo System Mechanic launching on Start was bringing the mess... pls. see the file. Well even switching off the MARW - something wasn't accessible:

C:\Users\JacekD\Documents\Wyrzuc\MalwarebytesARW.zip: Cannot open C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\MBAMService\logs\MBAMSERVICE.LOG
!   The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I am average Windows user :)I thing log is crucial...

MalwarebytesARW.zip

Hello Konrad:

Rather unexplainably, the logs directory seems void of content.  Please try an orderly power down followed by a cold start & login to the Administrator account that installed MBARW Beta and repeat my instructions in post #2 above.

Thank you again for the beta testing help.