macOS Sierra and MBAM

macOS Sierra to be released September 20th. For the upgrade, do we have to uninstall MBAM for Mac or keep it installed?

Any problems with MBAM working with macOS Sierra (beta)?

Hi,

Malwarebytes (for Mac) runs on Sierra - but I have some kind of performace issue.

Starting the app is fast.

Scanning is fast.

But after clicking the "OK" Button after the scan it takes about 5-6 seconds to close the dialogue.

Even closing the app takes about 5-6 seconds...

No big problem - but some kind of strange.

Never had such issues with El Capitan.

Thx,

Olaf

• Staff

We've seen something similar here since the official release, although only half-second lags here. Nothing as excessive as 5-6 second lags. We're not sure yet what's going on.

Annoyingly, we didn't see this with any of the Sierra betas. This appears to be new in the release version of Sierra.

• Staff

Thanks for the report. We're able to pretty reliably reproduce this here as well, though still no idea what the cause is.

I'm wondering if this is a Sierra issue. I've noticed some other odd lag issues with other apps as well... for example, scrolling with the two-finger trackpad gesture in TextWrangler and other apps is not working very well.

In any case, we'll be working to try to figure out what's going on.

5 hours ago, treed said:

Thanks for the report. We're able to pretty reliably reproduce this here as well, though still no idea what the cause is.

I'm wondering if this is a Sierra issue. I've noticed some other odd lag issues with other apps as well... for example, scrolling with the two-finger trackpad gesture in TextWrangler and other apps is not working very well.

In any case, we'll be working to try to figure out what's going on.

I've noticed this as well with Microsoft word, 2 finger scrolling is laggy and hit or miss.

• 2 weeks later...