Malwarebytes premium has stopped working

Hi, @fivealive:

Have the MBAM crashes started since you last installed the program, back in July?
Or were did they start BEFORE the last reinstall?
Can you please tell us when the crashes occur, e.g. during a scan (if so, what type scan)? during a database update? when starting the system?

Normally, we would suggest a clean reinstall.  But that process will remove all MBAM program logs.  So it might be best to gather a bit more information first.

It would help if you could please provide additional system information to help with troubleshooting.
To do that, please attach BOTH FRST logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) from the FRST diagnostic tool, as explained here: Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,

The crashes started before the last clean reinstall, but this is the first since that reinstall, I had just turned my computer on. Everything just finished booting up when windows popped up with the warning.

here is the error message I got :

Faulting application name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.173.0, time stamp: 0x56e065b4
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23418, time stamp: 0x5708a73e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce843
Faulting process id: 0xdb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d206c1efcc7c77
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 56cddde8-72b5-11e6-b296-5c260a835b03

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hi:

Thanks for the logs and the additional background info.

We'll need to wait for @AdvancedSetup to review them.

The one thing that jumps out for me is that it looks as if you have both hourly update checks AND daily scheduled scans configured with a "recover if missed by" setting (23 hours, I think?).

With that setting enabled (even if it is properly configured), MBAM will attempt to make up missed tasks (update checks and/or scans) as soon as the system starts.
The system may be "busy" with other tasks at that moment, and/or networking may not yet be fully operational.

For that reason, I do not use the "recover if missed by" setting for either update checks or scans.
If I am going online shortly after a cold system start and it's not yet time for MBAM (or my AV) to perform an automatic update check, I just do so manually first.

So, you may want to disable the "recover if missed by" settings for update checks and/or scans, to see if that fixes the issue.

But let's see what @AdvancedSetup says, after he has a chance to review your logs.

Please be patient -- it is a 3-day holiday weekend in the U.S..

Thanks,

P.S. Edit: Just mentioning this - the logs also show issues with Avast crashing, as well.

Edited by daledoc1

I never thought about the recovery options at all I have always just turned them on, will give that a shot,

As for avast, I wasn't aware it was even having an issue. anything specific you can tell me, as far as i can tell its been running without issue, no warnings from it or anything.

EDIT: I looked into event viewer and I found the avast crashes, I actually remember that day, IT was caused by steam, I was uninstalling a game from the computer and steam didn't seem to like it at all, caused the whole system to lock up and crash. was stuck like that for over half hour well it was removing the files.

Edited by fivealive