Malwarebytes Version: 0.0.0.0000

What does it mean? I had a scan that detected 36 objects and then one that detected 12. Both scan logs show "Version: 0.0.0.0000" and show no objects found.

A third scan found 1 object and that object shows in the scan log. It says Malwarebytes Versio. 2.2.1.1043.

What happened? Quarantine in history now shows 49 objects.

Yes, we have seen that logging glitch from time to time... There was a recent case somewhere in one of the other forum sections, but I cannot locate it.  Something -- perhaps your antivirus or another security application -- might be somehow blocking MBAM.

In any event...

For starters, please ATTACH the relevant Threat SCAN LOGS to your next reply here in this thread.
Additional info may be needed, but it would help us to better help you if we could see the actual scan log(s) as a starting point.
This KB article explains how to locate, export and post the scan log: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Please export the scan log(s) as a *.txt file (not *.xml) and then please ATTACH it/them to your next reply, rather than posting it/them inline.

Thanks,

Hi:

Thanks for the photo.

Any chance you could please ATTACH the actual scan log files, which would be easier for us to read?
This KB article explains how to locate, export and post the scan log: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
Please export the scan log(s) as a *.txt file (not *.xml) and then please ATTACH it/them to your next reply, rather than posting it/them inline.

Next, please read this pinned topic and please ATTACH to your next reply all 3 requested logs: Diagnostic Logs
The 3 log files to ATTACH to your post will be FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt.

>>If you need help attaching the log files, please let us know and we will explain how to do it.

EDIT: On the other hand, if you think you might still be infected, then you might want to follow the advice provided by @Firefox in your other thread HERE.  You can start with the advice in THIS PINNED TOPIC and then post the requested logs in a NEW topic in the malware removal section. A trained malware expert will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thanks again,

Edited by daledoc1
clarify

20 minutes ago, Meyeraustin said:

Hi. It's quaratined and off the network right now.

We're just going to re-image the machine but I want to know why it showed version 0.0.0.0000.

It sounds from your post as if this is a business/work/corporate/retail computer/domain computer?

If so, that likely explains the log behavior. The few recent times such logging behavior was reported, it was a "work" computer running MBAM Home.

MBAM Home is designed and supported for use only by home users on personal computers.  If you are running that version on a work computer, then I suggest contacting the Help Desk >>HERE<<.  They can assist you with getting the correct MBAM Business version (currently 1.80) installed and running, and they can assist with setting up proper licensing.  They can also assist, if needed, with malware removal in your business environment/network.

Thank you again,

Edited by daledoc1
typo