False Positives

As requested here is the seperate post I should have done in the first place (sorry)

I have had two false positives in the last couple of weeks, BOTH games from my Steam Library..

I have done exclusions for both those files, although as I said in the original post I made it would be great if there was the possibility to be able to just exclude the steamapps folder and everything in it (I'm sure steam douldn't dare try anything nasty to our files) :lol:

1) Fortresscraft

2) Subnautica

Attached are the files you need :)

FC_64.zip

logs.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

Subnautica.zip

Hello NZ-Simplicity:

Available data strongly suggests a false positive, and since the following pathname has been entered in MBARW GUI -> Exclusions, and the binary has been uploaded to the developers, please allow the entry to remain until you are requested to remove it:

G:\steam\steamapps\common\FortressCraft\64\FC_64.exe
          G:\steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica.exe

Reference:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/da01f929e4743644ef837e0e4d1e9330965b4dcf715da2ead660632033580724/analysis/ Signed
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ecb01f61607a87f7e26d3a7c37a922103d1ac2dee18858391376da8c93847633/analysis/ Signed

The archived executables attached failed to match what was found by MBARW Beta and these disparities might be traced back to differing file versions.

"...it would be great if there was the possibility to be able to just exclude the steamapps folder and everything in it..."

Unfortunately this would create a needlessly unprotected directory space for miscreants to hide elements of ransomware and other abuses.

At any time, a MBARW development team member, QA team member or Staffer may request the above temporary exclusion be altered/deleted.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.