sneaky MS add-on to Firefox?

Actually, you can scrap what I said, check this page out to see what it adds: ClickOnce. It adds what they refer to as "Support for ClickOnce installers" in FireFox.

edit I was referring to diagnostic tools that let you do everything from monitor registry changes, file system changes, memory access, registry and file access, network access and many other levels of behavior by programs on a computer.

@ Exile

So is that particular update unnecessary then, if you don't do this "ClickOnce deployment allows you to publish Windows-based applications to a Web server or network file share for simplified installation."? Do you know?

I'm not sure if it was installed or not. I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing to install it then. I just hope its not spying and collecting personal information or anything. What do you think?

Not sure, but I'd install it if you left the original version installed :( .

True. Heh, thanks again for helping to clear up my question about this :)

Nah, like I said, that's not what it's for. Just read the ClickOnce link posted above, that'll tell you what the addon is for. If MS wanted to monitor your habits and spy on you they could easily do so without installing an addon into your browser :( .