Anti randsome sometimes occupies excel files

Hal7

Yesterday I could not fully open certain excel files in one particular folder.

Another user would had the file in use (write protected message).

After emptying my system files temp folders and rebooting I got full access so I blamed the cluttered temp folders.

Today however again an excel file in another folder was occupied.

I discovered Anti-Randsomeware was the one, occupying the files. After I switched off Anti-Randsomeware, the problem was gone.

Hello Hal7 and :welcome:

If MBARW has not already been uninstalled, please create the following files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Thank you.

I reïnstalled A-R, following the procedure 1PW posted in "Cannot save Word files - Office 2010" from March 13.
It seems a better procedure. At this moment at least, using it one day, I did not meet any problem.
(Bit strange to me, because I only use my PC with full admin rights, so why not just follow standard install?)

Unfortunately the faulty condition is back, so re-installing did not solve the issue.
But just before the faulty condition reappeared, I emptied my temp folders. Maybe that's a clue!!

(I also ran cccleaner, but without making modifications)