Possible Issue or False Positive-And It Keeps Disabling?

paulac23

I installed the beta to see what it is about!  I noticed it was disabled once before; did not know why, so I enabled it and that was that.  Do you know about this happening to someone else?  I noticed it happened again after I did the following:

I was uninstalling a Kindle app (Kindle Reader for PC--an amazon thing) and was using a paid for uninstaller program called Revo Uninstall (Excellent program/very reliable) and the beta program for anti-ransomeware.

I do not know what to attach for you to look at; it is in my quarantine.  

I installed the beta to see what it is about!  I noticed it was disabled once before; did not know why, so I enabled it and that was that.  Do you know about this happening to someone else?  I noticed it happened again after I did the following:

I was uninstalling a Kindle app (Kindle Reader for PC--an amazon thing) and was using a paid for uninstaller program called Revo Uninstall (Excellent program/very reliable) and the beta program for anti-ransomeware went off and placed something in quarantine.

I was uninstalling a Kindle app (Kindle Reader for PC--an amazon thing) and was using a paid for uninstaller program called Revo Uninstall (Excellent program/very reliable) and the beta program for anti-ransomeware went off and placed something in quarantine.

I tried to do:

1. Finish the detection process and reboot if asked by Anti-Ransomware. -- it did not ask me to reboot!
  2. After reboot disable the Anti-Ransomware protection. -- Okay, it was disabled on it's own, so I enabled it and wrote the above -- I noticed the pinned note -- how to report --- so, I disabled it and did 3 below
  3. Restore the file from Quarantine and add it to the exclusions - - It did not offer to add it to exclusions, and it is no longer in quarantine because I did "restore the file from quarantine"

So, now what?  I reenabled it, but I am concerned I could have a problem, but I do not think so, everything appears fine on my computer.

Hello paulac23 and :welcome:

Please create the following files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\.
Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\.

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello paulac23 and :welcome:

Please create the following files for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\.

Create another ZIP file of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\.

Please attach the above zipped files to your next reply.

Thank you.

I am sorry, that really concerned me and I have no clue of what it hit on other than using my install program Revo Uninstall, so I uninstall the beta program because I read further in the forum of a problem this program caused with another forum member with hitting on windows updates as ransomware!  I use this laptop as my main computer and just recently made windows 10 usable for it, so I really do not think I am a good candidate at this point to beta test this program from this laptop.  I will continue to keep updated on the status of this project and will definately want to have this program installed when it is stable/released.  As I said, i was uninstalling Kindle for PC (an app for Amazon to read books) and was using Revo Uninstall when it happened.  Sorry about that (uninstalling the beta) before you responded with what to send you. 

Hello paulac23:

Despite the use of the Revo Uninstaller, please confirm if the directories specified above are still present or now deleted.

If they are still present, please still consider following the above procedure.

Thank you.

Hello paulac23:

Despite the use of the Revo Uninstaller, please confirm if the directories specified above are still present or now deleted.

If they are still present, please still consider following the above procedure.

Thank you.

I am sorry, but the files are no longer there.  Revo Uninstaller utilizes the software in question's built in installer and finishes up by scanning the registry to remove all traces of the program.  I checked for you and the files you would like to have are gone.

Please take the time to read our update post on Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware and the False Positives issues. This post also goes into detail about what to expect for BETA 3 update which will fix a lot of the reported issues. Thanks!

Dealing with FPs and preparing for beta3: