PCSX2

My sincere apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but help would be appreciated and any advice given is highly appreciated. That being said...

...long story short, I plan on playing PS2 games on my laptop, problem is though, according to VirusTotal (and a few other various antivirus/antimalware programs) the PCSX2 program is detected as a trojan virus. However, when directly scanning it with MalwareBytes, it doesn't pop up as dangerous at all.

I have further scanned it with other legitimate programs and online scanners (such as Herdprotect, thanks to RogueAmp) and they to have come up negative on the infection listing.

My concern is... how trustworthy is VirusTotal's results that PCSX2 is actually infected with something and not just a bit of bogus hocus pocus nonsense that it pops up from time to time.

(According to VirusTotal, Baidu Antivirus and a few other lower class software have detected it as INFECTED)

Any thoughts?

(Feel free to delete or remove this if I have incorrectly posted it or possibly asked a previously asked question. Once again, my sincere apologies, but my PS2 is slowly biting the dust, so the next best thing is to play on my PC)

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.