Notification feature for Web Exclusions

OwenS

Recently I discovered suspect IP addresses in Web Exclusions field under Settings. I did not put them there knowingly. I have sought advice on this. I have deleted the IP addresses and run MBAM and AV software and do not think I have any infection.

My concern however is that the green smiley face and message ... Your system is fully protected ... is inconsistent with the presence of rogue IP addresses in Web Exclusions. I am not a computer expert but have sufficient interest to discover these exclusions and join and post to a forum. I suspect that many (the majority?) of users would be happy to see the smiley face and never for a moment think to check Web Exclusions. Maybe a lot would not even know what an IP address is ... it's true !

Would it be possible to have a regular notification feature in MBAM to alert people to IPs or domains in their Web Exclusions that they might check and delete those that should not be there.

OwenS

Would it be possible to have a regular notification feature in MBAM to alert people to IPs or domains in their Web Exclusions that they might check and delete those that should not be there.

The thing is that while some users (like you) would like this feature, other users (like me) who knows the domains and IPs they add to the Exclusion List would get annoyed by such a reminder.

There's already users that don't like the "Your computer isn't fully protected" message on startup from Malwarebytes, because they disabled on their own a protection module (like the Web Protection).

Regarding web exclusion reminders, it could be possible to have a checkbox to actively disable the reminders for people like you who are confident of what is in web exclusions.

Probably I'm a normal user and I seem to be getting on OK in the last week without anything in Web exclusions. I use remote desktop between my two desktops which are on different networks and my laptop which I take around to different places. I don't have problems so I guess that these IP addresses are not on Malwarebytes list of blocked sites.