Volume Purchases

Forgive me if I'm duplicating a previously answered question, I looked for almost 30 minutes and found nothing.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm even in the correct area for this question... I hope so.

With the bulk purchases of MBAM, does the one year license begin at the date of purchase or the date of actual activation?

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Albert_Flasher

Hello and :welcome: :

Unfortunately, I do not see a specific answer in the KB article here:

What does the recent price change to some Malwarebytes products mean to me?

In the past, with the 3-PC license, the subscription clock started with the FIRST activation on the first PC, not at the time of the purchase.

I assume that is probably still the case with volume licenses under the new model, but I do not know for sure.

We will need to wait for a Malwarebytes staff member to clarify that.

Thanks for your patience,

Hi Albert_Flasher--

When you say "bulk purchases" are you referring to purchasing multiple copies of MBAM from our online store?  

If so, then for any keys purchased directly from our Malwarebytes ecommerce store the annual subscription starts as of the date of purchase NOT the date of activation.  It has actually been this way for direct purchases since we moved to an annual subscription model.

Let us know if you have any further questions or feedback.

Thanks, 

Hi there bdubrow,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes, I was refering to purchasing multiple copies of MBAM from the online store.

The way the price model is structured now, it would behoove one to make bulk purchases as opposed to 1 or 2 as needed.

However, if I purchase ten at a time and activate three of them this week and then four more next week and don't have a need to activate the remainder for seven months... do I only get 5 months of premium protection on those last three PCs?

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Albert_Flasher

Hi Albert_Flasher--

If so, then for any keys purchased directly from our Malwarebytes ecommerce store the annual subscription starts as of the date of purchase NOT the date of activation.  It has actually been this way for direct purchases since we moved to an annual subscription model.

I stand very much corrected.

My original supposition was incorrect.

Thanks very much for this important clarification and correction, @bdubrow.

I very much appreciate it.

However, if I purchase ten at a time and activate three of them this week and then four more next week and don't have a need to activate the remainder for seven months... do I only get 5 months of premium protection on those last three PCs?

It's best to think of the "volume licenses" as one single, one-year license that is good on up to the number of PCs specified / purchased.  So in this example, if you purchased a 10-PC license now it would be an annual subscription for use on up to 10 PCs starting on purchase date.  So you are correct that you would only get 5 months on the subscription for the PCs you installed on later.

Again, what you're purchasing is an annual subscription so if you don't intend to use the full quantity purchased for the entire year, then you might want to consider purchasing a license for up to fewer PCs to start.   :)

It's best to think of the "volume licenses" as one single, one-year license that is good on up to the number of PCs specified / purchased.  So in this example, if you purchased a 10-PC license now it would be an annual subscription for use on up to 10 PCs starting on purchase date.  So you are correct that you would only get 5 months on the subscription for the PCs you installed on later.

Again, what you're purchasing is an annual subscription so if you don't intend to use the full quantity purchased for the entire year, then you might want to consider purchasing a license for up to fewer PCs to start.  

Which is precisely what will preclude MANY of us from purchasing multiple (aka volume licensing) PC licenses.

If Malwarebytes would set up the licenses to start at activation for each PC (just a few lines of code would do the trick) as opposed to a blanket one year activation for all of the computers, your product would be selling like 'hot cakes'.

Unfortunately, this latest price model is a price increase for the majority of us.

Hence, I'll have to look elsewhere for future malware protection.

Sad really, since MBAM is one of the best I've found for many years.

Oh well, it was a great ride while it lasted.

Thanks!

Albert_Flasher