dataup.exe?

Hello,

I recently downloaded a program that installed tons of malware on my computer. I used MalwareBytes to get all of them out, except for one, called "dataup.exe".

After reading up on "dataup.exe", I found that it was a Trojan virus. MalwareBytes did not detect dataup.exe.

I found it on my C: drive, in Program Files (x86)/dataup.

There are the files located in the folder "dataup":

cm.bat

dataup.exe

NTSVC.ocx

runbat.vbs

There was also another folder I believe is linked to "dataup.exe", called "data_up", located in the same area as the "dataup" folder.

The contents of this folder are:

data_up.exe

What I did first was I ended the process "dataup.exe" in the Task Manager, and simply deleted the folders "dataup" and "data_up". I hoped that would solve the problem, but it did not. The folders simply came back with the same contents.

Any help on removing this piece of malware?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Please update your MBAM to the current database and run a  threat scan.

Allow MBAM to remove what it finds and then restart your computer when it asks you too.

If your issues persist please follow the instructions here and start a new topic per user >>

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!