This test is reliable?

Paul01

Greetings Paul and welcome :P .

I don't speak French unfortunately so I couldn't completely make out the parameters of the test, but if it was done against nothing more than a folder storing dormant malware files then these results would be typical. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware doesn't scan and detect threats in the same way that regular anti-virus scanners do, it uses advanced heuristic algorithms to detect active threats on a system. This means that it won't hit on most threats unless they are in the actual location they would be in on an actual infected system, where they are actually capable of doing harm. It looks at the system Registry, processes in memory and all the key system folders and locations where infections like to hide. That's the reason that most tests like this end up with similar results. Another thing to remember is that Malwarebytes' is also only designed to catch current threats not detected or properly removed by most anti-virus softwares, therefore if the majority of the test samples are older threats or common threats that are detected by most major anti-virus programs then Malwarebytes' would not detect them.

Paul Bonjour et bienvenue :D .

Je ne parle pas fran

Thanks sho-dan, I didn't even catch the attached log :) . I think this explains it:

d:\virii\

That's exactly what I was talking about, Malwarebytes' is not designed to detect dormant threats sitting in a folder or archive, it's designed to catch active threats on a system that is actually infected.

<Apologies for the overuse of bold text, it just bugs me how many "experts" keep conducting these so called "tests" without doing any research on how Malwarebytes' works>

<Apologies for the overuse of bold text, it just bugs me how many "experts" keep conducting these so called "tests" without doing any research on how Malwarebytes' works>

Hello and thank you.

That is what I thought about this so called "expert". :)

Best regards.