How do I scan external drives

Hi:

No, that's not normal, if you did not manually set those particular IP exclusions.

You might want to have one of the malware experts assist you with checking the system.
I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into the issue.

Thanks,

Thanks, I have removed them, Will do some scans, Thanks for you swift response. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year   :D

My kids are about to build their own budget gamming PC`s for Christmas, so excited!

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3,  AMD FX6000,   Asus GTX760-DC2OC- 2GD5 Nivida, Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1866 CL10, and bits robbed from an old HP PC oh and  a corsair 60GB SSD  and a Samsung 128GB SSD   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

What type of scan are you running?

The recommended, routine scan is a Threat scan -- such a scan runs in all the important areas on the OS boot drive.
To scan other drives, one would need to run a "Custom" scan and select the drives you want.

Hyper scan is available only to paid, PREMIUM (andTrial) users and is not routinely needed or recommended -- if anything is found, a subsequent Threat scan will be needed anyway.
THREAT scan is the most important and most useful scan -- it is the one that ought be run on a regular basis (daily is the default setting now in 2.0).
Custom depends on what drives, folders and files are selected -- routine use of a "full" system scan is neither necessary nor recommended, as it's a task better suited to your antivirus. 

More info about scan types may be found HERE.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thank you,

P.S. The moderator team may move this post to the MBAM Help section.  And, as a friendly suggestion, a more descriptive subject for your posts would help us to better help you. (Both of your topics about totally different issues have the same subject; that can be confusing, at least for us old fogeys.)  No worries, though, on either account. :)

Ops!!!!!!!!!  I need too set up a custom scan sorry 4 wasting every ones time. Did say I was a noob. :lol:

I think you meant to post this reply in your other topic with the same title >>here<<??

But, yes, you are correct. It would be a custom scan.

For more info, please see my reply in that other thread, here. :)

Please post back in that other thread, if you need more help with SCANNING.

Cheers,