Malwarebytes missing.

CoolKay

I am ..... I purchased this software on 11/6/2011 - I have two copies of the invoice and eceipt. Somehow it has disappeared from my current computer and I just noted it. I do not know when or how it disappeared. This is a Geek Squad computer and maybe it disappeared during one of thieir updates. So how do I get back?

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Hello:

Welcome.

First and foremost: I have alerted the moderator team to remove your email address from your post.  Otherwise, you are likely to see 1000000 new "friends" showing up in your email inbox.  DONE! ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by "missing"?

Before we get into a possible re-installation, let's just get a peek at the system, to see if it might still be installed. :)

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

P.S. The mod team may also move this post to the MBAM Help section. No worries, though. ;)

:welcome:  Hello Coolkay,

If the program is no longer there, you can get the installation program at no cost and then run the installer utility.

Download & SAVE  the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam

Run the mbam-setup.  IF your Windows is Vista / Windows 7 / 8, then do a Right-click on mbam-setup.exe and select Run as Administrator and allow to run.

If then, you bought the License thru our online store ( not at retail) and if you are missing the license keys, you should open a help request on the company consumer helpdesk   

Thanks, Maurice.

I was just checking to see if perhaps it might be installed, but not showing up on the desktop (just to avoid reinstalling on top of an existing install)?

Also, as the OP is not sure how MBAM may have gone missing, I thought it might be reasonable to check for evidence of infection or other anomalies?

That's why I asked for logs first.

But, in any event, I'll defer to your expert advice.

Cheers!