Need you help re MBAM Premium

I ran a HitmanPro scan and it located 2 PUPs being:

Sidebar Execute Gboxapp

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\

Sidebar Execute\ Gbox app

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\TaskCache\Tree\

I deleted them (dumb) and restarted my PC.  Then I noticed that the MBAM icon doesn't start in the system tray.  So I think that the above 2 pups  were somehow MBAM related.  When I click MBAM's short cut then it will appear near the clock but don't know if I would be protected etc.

Would you suggest that I remove and reinstall MBAM Premium?  I just purchased it a few days ago.  What are the procedures for doing so?  Do I need an uninstaller or just delete from the Programs and Features?  I printed out the purchase so I should have the license.

Please let me know.  Thanks!

Hello and Welcome!

First off, Malwarebytes does not contain any PUP's at all nor will it ever!

Not sure what those two files are for, but you can just reinstall Malwarebytes and it should fix your issue... below you will find what you need....

Thank You,

Firefox

Firefox:  After the fact I almost am certain the pups (false positives) had to do with MBAMs tasks because when I restarted my PC a black screen came on with the words Malwarebytes Antimalware in large bold white letters which then disappeared when the normal Windows screen came on.  I am sure that MBAM doesn't have any PUPs as I have had MBAM free for years. 

Thanks again!

Firefox, I had to do a restore to a previous date because the above-mentioned items were missing in my PC.  It definitely was not MBAM, rather HitmanPro that marked the 2 items as being pups.  MBAM suffered the consequences after the disappearance of those 2 items.  Therefore, I had to uninstall and reinstall MBAM Premium again after the restore.  All seems to be running fine now.  

If you do a system restore, that explains why Malwarebytes stopped working. When you do a system restore it breaks the installation for Malwarebytes as some of the files for Malwarebytes get out of sync. The only fix for when you do a system restore go get Malwarebytes working again is to re-install the application.

Thanks