Have I been infected?

Hello everyone! Been using MB for ages now, but today, I got a file downloaded onto my system and wanted to know the severity of the threat, if at all. 

A "friend" on my Steam (I do YouTube so have a lot of people adding me) sent me a link, didn't think anything of it so click on it as I believe I've talked to this person before, and it auto-downloaded an .scr file. I know all about the dangers of these so I click on it (not opened it) and deleted it from the bin. I then:

1. Ran a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials (Clean)

2. Ran a full MB scan (Clean)

3. Uploaded the file to Virus Total before deletion (https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/56c68ab4202e900a17042a0b3093aa4cb32e4c12670b676b1f86962a7c4e7440/analysis/)

4. Saw that it flagged under Avast so I downloaded the 30-Day Premier Trial thing and started a deep scan of everything, including deep rootkits. So far 1 file found into scan.

The question I have is how dangerous was the file and should I be worried? I saved the file URL in case any of you can test it properly for me (warning it auto-downloads):

I also reported the swine to Steam. 

Lastly, when I was first viewing the VT report, a java script thing popped on screen and tried downloading something, it didn't start downloading and wanted my permission, which is when I pulled my Ethernet cable and denied it.

So... do I have a problem xD

Any help on this please? I just had to restart my PC as the desktop remained black after a game and now when I rebooted the system, everything is acting in slow mo. By that I mean when a windows dialogue box or explorer opens, it opens in super slow mo, as in its animation... starting to get paranoid about this now...

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.