Update grayed out

Denlyng

I have a registered copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) and just recently automatic updates are not being done. When I go to the dashboard the Update now is grayed out. Last time I needed to install using Administrators  rights, which fixed it but it it has happened again the next schedule. If i uninstall the program then re-install it using admin rights how will it know I have already paid for it and it is registered?

Hello and :welcome: :

If you did install MBAM from a Windows Admin account, then the most common explanation for a grayed-out "Update Now" button is scan detections (usually PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your action.
Please open the main program dashboard > click the "Scan" button at the top. If there are "Detected Threats" awaiting your action, please address them.  That should fix the grayed-out "Update Now" button problem.

IMPORTANT: If your last scan was with database 2014.07.26.09 on or about July 26 and there are MANY files detected (especially Windows system files), do NOT quarantine those files.  Instead, please post back to this topic WITHOUT taking any actions.

In order to prevent the grayed-out button from happening again, please make sure your "Detection and Protection" settings for PUPs and PUMs are configured to "Treat Detections as Malware".
(If you did NOT install MBAM from a Windows Admin account, right-clicking the desktop shortcut icon and selecting "Run As Administrator" should permit you to update.)

As far as cleanly reinstalling MBAM Premium, the removal tool may indeed remove your license information from the computer.
So, in order to perform a clean reinstall, one would need to have available before starting the process one's license ID and key.
That information would have been sent to you in an email at the time you purchased the license.
If you did not keep the email and did not print a paper copy of it, you can contact the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge.
They will look it up and send it to you. Their contact information is here: How do I obtain my license key or confirmation email?
Then, you would carefully follow the steps outlined in this pinned topic: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If you continue to have problems, or the clean reinstall doesn't resolve your issues, then the next step will be to provide a bit of system info.
Please read the following and post back attached to your next replythe 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,

P.S. The moderator team will likely move this post to a more appropriate section of the forum >>HERE<<. No worries. :)

post-29793-0-22081700-1407066038_thumb.p

Thanks for your quick response. I followed your instructions and it worked.

I do not recall when I originally installed it if i used Run As Administrator, but maybe the changes mentioned above would solve the problem without re-installing.

Unless you feel I should.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your quick response. I followed your instructions and it worked.

You are most welcome. :)

Question: ***which*** instructions did the trick?

(Just curious)

I do not recall when I originally installed it if i used Run As Administrator, but maybe the changes mentioned above would solve the problem without re-installing.

Unless you feel I should.

Thanks again.

If you were logged into Windows in an Admin account when you installed it, then you should be OK.

(You mentioned that your scheduled tasks -- update checks and scans? -- had been running correctly until a couple of days ago? That suggests that everything is probably OK.)

If you would like, you can always follow the steps in this pinned topic for a clean reinstall:  MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

And, if you continue to have issues, then the next step after that will be to provide a bit of system info.

To do so, please read the following and post back attached to your next replythe 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,