malwarebytes wont update out of ideas

its like i said i downloaded the program multiple times for the first time a couple days ago and everytime it wont install the update and is stuck at version 2014.7.25.07 using this process  mbam-clean.exe

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/122284-mbam-clean-removal-process/

i was infected with mith multiple malware programs like 6 and maybe 30 files  including

rocket

optimizer pro

hitmanpro

and others that i dont remember

which i found and found and removed using these steps 

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

(excluding scanning with a fully updated malwarebytes program)

i tried doing it in safe mode and during a scan in safe mode i used another program called superantispyware and it found two trojans and 4 corrupt files 3 for deif and 1 for virut

trojan.agent/gen-virut

trojan.agent/gen-deif

superantispyware has been known to find false positives. the files that were infected with the gen-deif trojan were 2 files that i installed through my msi motherboard cd.

the gen-virut file was one i didnt recognize and was only 1 file

after that i reinstalled my windows 7 and deleted my old windows files. i currentlyhave nortan anti virus running (came with free trial from motherboard cd) and have maleware downloaded but it still is not updating .

the only problem i have that i know of is , when installing windows liveupdate out of 164 updates 162 worked and 2 failed i restarted computer and the two updates installed correctly.  when installing motherboard updates i had to do them all one at a time from the cd or they wouldent install  and most importantly malwarebytes wont update. Am i still infected?

Hello and :welcome:

A couple of easy things to check:

>> First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.

>> Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found =>HERE<=. Please post back if you need help with that.

>> Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

i aprreciate the help my problem is resolved i uninstalled the program using the uninstall program after the reinstall i was able to succesfully update the program to 2014.7.25.08 and did a deep scan and found no maleware. i appreciate the advice and help truly.