i keep getting this after installing Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

Some of the firewall initialization files have been tampered with by an external source.

These files have been restored to provide maximum security for your system. You are advised to run an Anti-Spyware product to make sure your system is clean from malware.

I run these products everytime i get this message.

then under hidden files this message shows,

C:\Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus\Apprule Set.xml

why is this appearing, as i ran the free version of this malware product with no problems, yet when i bought it all hell appeared.

when i un-installed Malwarebytes my pc ran as before when i was using the free version.

How do i correct this fault, as i now have the paid version.

Software from PC Tools can cause a lot of problems. Most experts have a very low opinion of them. What software from PC Tools do you have installed?

i have PCTools Firewall & Spyware Doctor, up until i installed the paid version of Malwarebytes everything was ok :angry:

• Root Admin

Well I don't run SpywareDoctor but my guess is that you need to add MBAM to the Trusted Applications list. Not sure of the exact name or location, but please review the program details and options to see if you can add applications or files to either a Trusted or Ignore type setting in the program.