Scan too fast

Just keeping you updated. I installed v2.0.2.2012. The Admin access bug still exists and the scan speeds have NOT improved. What did they fix in this latest release because they have not fixed the problems I have? I figured they would have fixed the Admin access since that seems very important

• Root Admin

Well I'm not privy to what development considers this. One side of the argument says that a limited user should not be allowed to run any tool that can potentially affect files or settings for the computer. (I myself agree with that stand point). One side says they should be allowed to run a scan (and we do allow you to run a scan with the limited user but not against the entire computer). Running as an installed service and using the System account (almost all antivirus programs seem to use that model) it is the one running and has rights to do anything it wants. But even a limited user can run it which violates the rule of not allowing a limited user to do that. So in a way it is running how it should. If you use an Admin account and schedule updates and scans using the admin account it should scan even when you're logged on as a limited user. You won't see the scan run but it should run.

So again - I don't have any feedback from development if they will change this or not at this time.

• 1 month later...