Malwarebytes PRO 1.75 & ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7

Hello Malwarebytes community.

I am having an interesting problem with both programs in the topic title. I am running both programs on Microsoft's latest Windows 8.1 Professional platform.

Basically, NOD32 has built-in HIPS (Host-Intrusion Prevention System I believe) protection and turning that feature on will send a massive amount of infections found in performing a Malwarebytes scan of the hard disk drive.

I was doing a complete clean install of upgrading to Windows 8.1 and so no infections are available from the onset til I figured out the problem. I don't know if this is a bug related to Malwarebytes or ESET but I would like to know if anybody else is experiencing this unique problem and what are the workarounds in order for both programs to behave.

I know that turning off the HIPS feature will enable Malwarebytes to scan normally without finding any malicious elements which is correct since I installed a clean operating system. However, I would like Malwarebytes to behave even though I enable HIPS protection on my antivirus software.

Thank you for reading!

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

I've not seen or used NOD32 version 7 yet but if you look around in the interface can you locate a section where you can add file or folders to exclude from detection?

Is it ESET NOD32 Antivirus, 2014 edition ?
Try adding the following exclusions.

x64 64-bit installation path for MBAM is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

x86 32-bit installation path for MBAM is:
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Exclude the following files:

• mbam.exe
  • mbamgui.exe
  • mbamscheduler.exe
  • mbamservice.exe

For any firewall blocking you may need to add the following URL to be allowed access for updates.

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning?

How do I exclude certain files or folders from a Computer scan in ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

Inside MBAM please exclude the NOD32 installation folder.

Please give that a try and let us know how it works out please.

Thanks