Help me fix my computer

Hi there,
my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

• First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
  • Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
  • If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
  • Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
  • Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
  • If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
  • Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
  • My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

Scan with Gmer rootkit scanner

Please download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.
  • Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Show All ( should be unchecked by default )

[*]Leave everything else as it is. [*]Close all other running programs as well as your Browser. [*]Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish. [*]Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post. [*]Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop. [*]Please post the content of the ark.txt here.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Thank you for your reply.

I have completed the scan with gmer. I could not save the results with the file name "ark.txt" because for some reason, the save did not open a window to change where I save my scan results to. Instead, I just copied the text of the scan results and pasted it below.

I do not know if this helps. What should I do to fix this?

GMER 2.1.19163 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2013-10-21 15:20:17
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 x64 \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-0 TOSHIBA_MK2552GSX rev.LV010M 232.89GB
Running: 414bo8c4.exe; Driver: C:\Users\292D~1\AppData\Local\Temp\fwtoypob.sys

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 2.1 ----

INITKDBG  C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe                                         suspicious modification
INITKDBG  C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe                                         suspicious modification

---- Threads - GMER 2.1 ----

Thread    C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe [2624:2940]                        000007fef3bd39f0

---- Registry - GMER 2.1 ----

Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Bind         ???y20??????? ????????????????????R??`??????????????Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem #20?C????,??`???`?????????????`?????`?`????????? ???????`?????`???????"????????????&????????????????????4??? ???????`?????`???????"???????????????????????`?????????`????????????????0Local Area Connection 21?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????PWestell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem #20??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Route        ???d?d???e???????c??????????????????????? ???c??????????????6-21-2006????c?c?c??? ???????c?????c???????"???????????????????????c??????????330???machine.inf:GENDEV_SYS.NTamd64:NO_DRV_X:6.0.6002.18005:*pnp0c04??????c?d????? ???c??????????n???6.0.6001.18000??????? ???c???1??????????MBRES????c????????????????????? ??? ??????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????;????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Export       ???d?J???????^???i???e????N??^????????D?6???? ???^??????????????6.0.6002.18112??????{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}??????? ?????????????4?????d???????? ?N?????????????X??^???????^???????????2????????????N??^???????????????^???????^???0??s1??WPD??????^?^?^?????^#?????^??^?????g????@wpdfs.inf,%msftwudf%;(WPD file system device)???^???????^???^??????????wpdbusenum\fs????????????^???^???^??Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem?????^??? ?)???)???+???)???)???*???)???)???*???&????????? ?????????????f?????i???????? ?N?)??????????????????????????s???^??? ???????(?????????????e?????????????????f??? ???????(?????_???????"??L????????? ???????????? ???????p?????b?????d?e??"???&???,??????????^???????????L???d?????+???)???)????l_??{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0026?rn??{78930365-8A27-4099-8A1B-3C03E3ED0429}???????????????????e???????????^???????s???????????????????????^???????????????^???D???e??WUDFRd???????????????????????^??? N??^??????????????Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver??.???? ?????????????^???
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Bind    ???v? ??Reads/Writes UDF 1.02,1.5,2.0x,2.5 disc formats, usually found on C/DVD discs. (Core) (All pieces)????????????????????????????0??s?????????e???????????e????wpdfs.inf?????X??????????????s?s?s?s?s?s?s???.???????????d?????sE7???r?s?s?s?s?s?s?s?s?s?s??? ???????s???????????????????????????????????????n??? ??????? ?????s?????s??????????????r???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????{4??? ???????s???????????s????????????????#????????s#????????s???o???????s??USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_USB_2.0&Prod_USB_Flash_Drive&Rev_0.00\a9d1b6633a7119&0??????????s???4??????B-??? ???????s???????????s???????????????????r???s???s???s??????????????{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}??????? ???????d?????s?????s????"??????????????????????????s??????????Ba??\\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_1179FF68&REV_1000#4&2C00DD99&0&0301#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\eHeadphone5Wave? D???s??? ???????s???????????s??????????N?????????????sive?????s??????*??s??????????????HD Audio Headphone 5?????s????N??s??????D??
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Route   ???J?K???????????k??? ??????????????x?????:??P??????????16???????????????????J???????????S?S?Q??????????? ??????????dt??int?ve???L?M1.??????5????????????????????????L??? ???????J???????????'?"????????????????????? ???????p?????????????e??"???&?????????????????oem11.inf????N?N?????J???????L???3?????????e?J???J????????????????.Local Area Connection 8??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????NWestell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem #7???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Export  ???b?b??? ???????b?????b???????"?????????????????????b???d?d????? ???????b???????????`?"?????????????????????????????b???????????b??????????Westell, Inc.????????b???????????b??? ???b???????????????????????b???b???????????e?e?????b????N??b??????????????{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}???????????b???b???h??? ?????????????`?????c???????? ?N?!?????RN??{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0033???????????????????????????N??b??????????????{8E24CD91-4763-40A7-AAB2-2E5B2205EA4B}???b???????????????????????????????????s??oem11.inf???? ?????????????b???????"??????????3?&???????????????????????? ???????b???????????b?"??????*?F??? ??????t???????b??????????????????????????????????????????????????2??b?????? ???Local Area Connection 23?b???????b??????????????????????????????????? ???????b?????b?????b???????????????????????e?e?????????b??????????USB_RNDIS???? ???????b???????????b?????????????? ??????????????b????? ???b??????????????ndis5???? ???b??????????????ethernet????? ???????b?????b???????????????????????????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Bind             ???Yta??ms_pppoeminiport????? h??Z?????????????????????????????s?????????X??????????? l??Y???????????????Y??? "??Y???"?????"?"??{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0002??#??? ??????????????x????Z?Zho????X??Y???????e??ms_pptpminiport???????<??Y?????g????{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0003??e??@netrasa.inf,%msft%;Microsoft????Y??? ???Y???e??????????6-21-2006???{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}??? ??{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0006???????<??Y?????g???????????????????s?????????????e??vc??vc???????Y??????????????Microsoft???????????????f????????Y??????????{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0011??,??@netrasa.inf,%msft%;Microsoft????Y????????????????2Local Area Connection* 33????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????8Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #24??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Route            ???g??????"??g???d???????g?g?g??SW\{eec12db6-ad9c-4168-8658-b03daef417fe}???????6.0.6002.18005??19???????????.???d???????g???^???^???g?g?g???????g???o??sS???????????????????????g???9???????????g???????"????8??g????????h?????UMBus Enumerator?g???g?g?????????g????????????T??g???????????????????v??e\???????g???????????????????"?????s?????g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g?g??2&37c186b&0?ab????P??g???????????"??umbus.inf:Microsoft.NTamd64:UmBus_Device:6.0.6001.18000:umb\umbus???6.0.6001.18000????????"??g???"??????UMBus Enumerator?1???????????????????????g???b??f1??.NT??????????????????????????????t?t?????????????$???9???????g???????????g?g?g???????????????????????????????????g?gf????????????????????????????????g???????????????????????H???????g???T???1???g?gro??usbui.dll,USBHubPropPageProvider?0??@usbport.inf,%usb\root_hub.devicedesc%;USB Root Hub?SE???????????m??il???g?g?0???????g???n?????nvi???????g??????ri??Microsoft???System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys?????{4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0010??????????1???????g?????????
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage@Export           ???g?????g?g?g?g?g??????la??? ???????o??????sp????X??g???????!??????????????t????g?gvo??WebDav Client Redirector Driver??????g?g?g?g?g?g?g??????HZ???????????e???? ??s?????????e??????t??g???F?gSE??\??\USB#ROOT_HUB#4&158da3b9&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8} B???????????c??c0????B??g???????????????????1???????k?k?n?n????UMB\UMBUS????????????g???????e???g?g?g?g?g?g?g????@??g?????????e?????g?g?g??6.0.6001.18000???y???????g???????????????????????????????????????????g?g?g???????????5??0a???g?gUm???g?gvi??@usbport.inf,%generic.mfg%;(Standard USB Host Controller)???usbport.inf:Generic.Section.NTamd64:ROOTHUB.Dev:6.0.6002.18875:usb\root_hub??????????????x??)\???????g???i??er??6.0.6002.18875?\cs???g?g?????g?g?????????????????\???????g???F??es??ROOTHUB.Dev?ft???g?g?????????g???i??os??.NT?lv???g?gHU??????????? ??Ma???????g???????I??usb\root_hub?2??\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mrxdav.sys??????Z?Z?g?Z?h?????u????netrasa.inf?? ???????g??????????????????usbport.inf:Generic.Section.NTamd64:ROOTHUB.Dev:6.0.6002.18875:
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Bind        ???g?g??????????????????umb\umbus????g?g????umbus.inf:Microsoft.NTamd64:UmBus_Device:6.0.6001.18000:umb\umbus???@umbus.inf,%umbus.devicedesc%;UMBus Enumerator???????g?g?g??SW\{eeab7790-c514-11d1-b42b-00805fc1270e}?????????N??g???l????Dcti??{4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}??? ???????g???????e????T??g???7??}???sw\{eec12db6-ad9c-4168-8658-b03daef417fe}????g?g?g??@%SystemRoot%\system32\FirewallAPI.dll,-23092???WDM_DRMKAUD??b???????????9???9???????????y??????????????? ???????g?g-c???????g???v??e\????D??g???d?g,-???e??{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}???????????g???n??????? ???g???l?????ofi????N??g???0??8}???g?g?g???g?g?g???0??drmkaud??????????g??????????System Bus Extender???????\??g?????????e????AsyncMac?????????????????????????????????1???????????????6???g?g?9???????????!???b??\??\USB#ROOT_HUB#4&5983c29&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}??[???????????????????????g???????J??6.0.6002.18875???????g?gs???{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}?te|??wdmaudio.inf:Microsoft.NTamd64:WDM_DRMKAUD:6.0.6002
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Route       ???h? ??{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}????????&??h?????????n?????????????????????????????????r??ge????B??h???????????????????????????????????&??????USB\UNKNOWN??R??usb.inf?<???Implements the SMB 1.x (CIFS) protocol. This protocol provides connectivity to network resources on pre-Windows Vista servers???ISA/EISA Class Driver????????Z???????????????????[???????????e????<??h????????h??????????????????????????h??Microsoft???????????? ??ap??{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0038??????????????.??s????h??@usb.inf,%usb\unknown.devicedesc%;Unknown Device?????????????}?????s?i???g?h?h???????????2???????????????????????g?h?h?g?g?g?h???Z?h?[?h?h???????????4???e??Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver???????B??h???6???}???Z?Z?[?g?g?Z?g?g?h??? l??h???????????????????????M???a??Multiple UNC Provider????????????????????u?u????@usbport.inf,%usb\root_hub.devicedesc%;USB Root Hub?72???h???????????????????g?????????n?????h?h56???????????????????????????????????????h?hs????????????????????????????????Y?Y?Y?Z?Z?Z?Z?
Reg       HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Linkage@Export      ???hav??{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0036?????????????????t???@usb.inf,%usb\unknown.devicedesc%;Unknown Device? ???h?hin??????????????1???system32\DRIVERS\nwifi.sys???????????h??????????@usb.inf,%generic.mfg%;(Standard USB Host Controller)?????????????????????<??g????????h????????? ??????g??????:??h????????h??????]?h?r?r?q??{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0037??i??System32\Drivers\mup.sys?????u?u?u??usb.inf:Generic.Section.NTamd64:BADDEVICE.Dev:6.0.6002.18875:usb\unknown?n???????g??????????Microsoft???system32\drivers\msisadrv.sys???usbui.dll,USBHubPropPageProvider?????h?h.N???????????????????????Z???????M??????????????????????r???usbui.dll,USBHubPropPageProvider?p???[?Z?g hXh?Z?Z?h?h??usb\root_hub20?mem???h?h?h????,??g?????????e????system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys?ssmbios.sys????????g???r??ge??USB\UNKNOWN??9??Unknown Device???????????????????????h???D???????h?h80???????????&???????????h???&??????BADDEVICE.Dev????????????????????????????????.???5??Port_#0002.Hub_#0001????USB?1??????????????????

---- Files - GMER 2.1 ----

File      C:\Users\???\All Users                                                   0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\AntiInvasion                                                0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\David                                                       0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\David.Final-Fantasy                                         0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\Default                                                     0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\Default User                                                0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\desktop.ini                                                 174 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\censored the Virus                                              0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\Public                                                      0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\Sam                                                         0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\Sam.Final-Fantasy                                           0 bytes
File      C:\Users\???\???                                                         0 bytes

---- EOF - GMER 2.1 ----

Combofix

Combofix should only be run when adviced by a team member!

Link

Important - Save the file to your desktop!

• Deactivate any and all of your antivirus programs /spyware scanners - they can prevent CF from doing its work.
  • Run Combofix.exe

When finished, Combofix creates a log file named C:\Combofix.txt. Please post its content in your next reply.

Note: When receiving an error message containing ""Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" simply restart your computer to fix this.

No, don´t be worried. Combofix resets some values and this may be the result. It will be fixed during our last steps.

Combofix scripting

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Download the attached CFScript.txt and save it to the location where Combofix is.

CFScriptB-4.gif

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.

Full System Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware

• If not existing, please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If the program is already installed:

• Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform fullscan, place a checkmark on all hard drives, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
  • The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
  • Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
  • Post that log back here.

CFScript.txt

When I try to drag CfScript into the Combofix icon on my desktop, I allow the program to run but the program does not run. I get a window that  says "Error launching installer".

I also tried to download Malwarebytes from the link but when I tried to run the installer, a window said error

"ShellExecuteEx failed; code 2.

The system cannot find the file specified."

I scaned my computer and malwarebytes found some stuff to delete and I deleted them. I wasn't able to save the log of the results because I allowed malwarebytes to restart my computer before I could fully save. I am scanning again and I will ensure I can provide you with the most reccent log. Sorry I could not save the first log.

I am still trying to get combofix and the script to work. I get the same error message every time I try, even if I reinstall.

Also, I do not know if this changes anything, but a couple games and programs atuomaticlly updated although League of Legends is not properly updating when I start it up.

I will keep trying to redownload combofix and the script again to see if it works.

After I finish scanning with malwarebytes, the notepad would show up but a notice would say Notepad "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." Then it would open to an untitled notepad. But for the most reccent scans, malwarebytes would have a notice saying "The scan completed successfully. No malicious items were detected."

When I download combofix, I could run, save as, or save and run

When I try to run the download, this happens. It runs as it is supposed to.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vcw1dx&s=5

post-147074-0-90621600-1382997666_thumb.

When I save as, the download opens up a window where I can save to my desktop.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dvonys&s=5

post-147074-0-01595000-1382997647_thumb.

But when I try to save and run, this happens.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2exroz6.jpg

post-147074-0-10931900-1382997657_thumb.

This error message also pops up when I try to drag CFscript onto Combofix. The error message also appears when I just try to run Combofix in safe mode or regular mode.

System File Check

For Windows XP:

• Press the Windows- and the R-key simultanously.
  • Within the text box that jus opened, write cmd and hit Enter.

For Windows Vista/7:

• Press the Windows key to open the start menu.
  • Don´t highlight anything, just write cmd.
  • The start menu will offer you an entry named cmd.
  • Right click it and select "run as administrator"

Within the opening window, write the following:

sfc /scannow
(See the blank within).

• Hit enter. Your system will be checked for damaged system files.
  • Tell me the result of that scan in here (as the tool produces no log).

Filter SFC log file

For Windows XP:

• Press the Windows- and the R-key simultanously.
  • Within the text box that jus opened, write cmd and hit Enter.

For Windows Vista/7:

• Press the Windows key to open the start menu.
  • Don´t highlight anything, just write cmd.
  • The start menu will offer you an entry named cmd.
  • Right click it and select "run as administrator"

Within the opening window, write the following:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

• Hit enter. The tool will create a textfile named sfcdetails.txt within the folder where you ran the command, for example C:\windows\system32\.
    Attach this file to your next reply.

My comuter's hard drive has fragmented to a bad state. My computer's system recovery is telling me to repair my hard drive before I can do anythiing. When I run the startup repair under system recovery options, it says that a hard drive problem is preventing my computer from starting. It then tells me to contact my computer manufacturer to determine if I need to repair or replae my disk.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!