how to download current definitions to my desktop computer.

I have a problem with a virus named Antivirus Security Pro on my laptop.

I have tried Hirens 15.2 bootcd and running Malwarebytes from the Windows mini XP desktop but Malwarebytes won't update. Without the update it does find some virus files and does delete them but when I restart, Antivirus Security Pro is still there.

What I need are current definitions so I can put them on the Windows mini desktop and update from there.

Will the current definitions pick up Antivirus Security Pro?

I am unable to stop Antivirus Security Pro. so far It stops malwarebytes, rkill, Combofix, Hijackthis and  Roguekiller from running even after renaming them.

I have Malwarebytes Pro on my desktop computer and that's where I want to put the current definations so I can transfer them via usb to the Windows mini XP desktop on my laptop.

Hello bayawan and Welcome to Malwarebytes'

Running Malwarebytes from a Boot CD is not the best of idea's. It can give False detections on important system Files.

Yes Malwarebytes will and does detect Antivirus Security Pro

• ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.
    SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations..
    • Windows XP and 2000
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
    • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
    •  
    • You can also download a manual update from here - NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program

Note: Starting with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60, you must also copy the file database.conf located within the Configuration folder which is in the same folder as rules.ref listed above.

And you always have the choice of:

Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Yeah I gave up running Malwarebytes from cd.

Instead I put Malwarebytes on a different laptop and put the infected hard drive on a USB adapter

and hooked it to the good laptop then updated Malwarebytes and ran a scan on the indected drive.

So I was able to clean the infected drive.

Thanks for your help.

Hello and Welcome bayawan

Running Malwarebytes from a boot CD is not only not recommended as stated above, but its also against the EULA.

As for running Malwarebytes on the drive from another computer using a USB adapter, that is also not recommended as Malwarebytes can not scan the registry and other files so some items will be missed. Not only that, but it could render the system not to boot once you install it back to the original system.

Malwarebytes is designed (and does its best work) to be installed and ran from the infected computer. If I were you, I would have one of the experts help you with the computer, as I am afraid it may still have some left overs that need to be addressed.

Being that you are probably still infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you