Malwarebytes and AVG

Hi all. I have heard that people have successfully used Malwarebytes Pro and AVG free on the same PC, and they say it works the best. To me, it can't because you're not supposed to have two antiviruses running at once. But, I've read that malwarebytes doesn't run in the background, or do active threat blocking. Malwarebytes' shining area is in threat detection while scanning, and removal. I've also read that AVG is best at catching things as they come in, and not very good at scanning. 

I have Malwarebytes pro, and am loving it. But I'm wondering, what if I did download AVG free and simply told it to scan rarely, and then stopped it while I scanned Malwarebytes regularly?

I am not sure, so I'm looking for an expert on how malwarebytes works to tell me whether this would be better, worse, etc.

Thanks!

Hello and :welcome:

First off Malwarebytes is not an antivirus software, and if your computer is only protected with Malwarebytes Pro at this time, you need to get an anti-virus software ASAP.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.