Avira virus

Hi folks, I hope you can bail me out again!

When I started my machine this morning I had a popup that looked like it came from Avira AV and said there was an update and needed to restart the computer to install it. Like a dummy I went ahead and did that because it looked legit, I do have Avira free installed.

Now the machine will not get past the Welcome screen, it goes black and reboots constantly. I finally got it into Safe mode with networking, ran Malewarebytes twice, once quick and once full scan, and it found and removed 2 files, but the problem continues.

Whatever this is also wiped out my restore points. I have another computer, a laptop with XP, and when I started that up, the same popup is there but no way I was touching it! It is still on the laptop desktop and until I get this fixed that machine is never getting rebooted.

I hope you folks can help with this, you have been a huge help in the past, its been quite a while since I visited here.

TIA!