Windows 7 lagging, Combofix Log

Hi 

I managed to run all the steps on the webpage 'Slow PC? - Start Here' even the disk defragmentation programme in my last post managed to run fully.

My computer is lagging in ways, for example,

• When i am typing in this post, there was a few seconds pause before the letterings appeared.
  • When I click on the Windows start button, it freezes for a few seconds before the Start menu appears.
  • When I was running the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quick scan, it froze (Not responding), then when i turned off the Avast anti-virus for 10 minutes, the Malwarebytes Window resumed scanning and completed the quick scan.

Is there any way like a Benchmark to test the performance of my laptop or way to figure out what is causing the lag of the system?

Thanks for your help  :)

When i am typing in this post, there was a few seconds pause before the letterings appeared.

Do you experience the same problem with another browser?

Is there any way like a Benchmark to test the performance of my laptop or way to figure out what is causing the lag of the system?

Something like that?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-windows-experience-index#What-is-windows-experience-index=windows-7

Hi Borislav

Yes, I have tried other browsers, IE, Firefox and Chrome and they have the same problems such as lag in loading icons on webpage, slow registering of my key strokes when typing texts in search boxes, lag in scrolling down web page.

I have 8GB RAM but on the task manager it keeps showing 2GB of RAM being used while CPU usage is only 1-2%.

For your Benchmark Question:

I am not referring to the Windows Experience Index, but the Benchmark software like SisoftSandra.

Is there any way to find out if the laptop is functioning okay or is there still something causing the slowness after deletion of temp files, etc as your earlier instructions?

Thanks  :)

Hi

Another thing has also been happening, when the browsers are loading the webpage the whole browser window disappears for a second and then reappears. it does this a few times with the mouse showing it is busy.

this also happens when i open the control panel window, or system folders.

Thanks

Hi Borislav

When i turned on the computer after uninstalling Avast to install either Avira or AVG in your last post, I had opened up Chrome and Firefox and both of them started to lag. the windows would show 'Not responding' on and off and the browser window would disappear and reappear again, with the keystroke response slow and lagging - sometimes the whole page would freeze with the keystroke letters not appearing after typing on the keyboard.

Not sure what is causing it to jam up as i didn't use the computer after uninstalling Avast.

Hope you can help. 

thanks for your time  :)

Some last steps:

Step 1

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.
Step 2
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Uninstall
  • Confirm with Yes
Step 3

Please uninstall ESET Online Scanner and manually delete Kaspersky AVP .

Step 4

Some malware prevention tips:

users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html

Safe surfing! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!