I have some questions on how to use Malewarebytes

Lazer

Hello Everyone

When I do a scan is it necessary to do a full scan or the short scan, and am I better off doing it in safe mode or regular?

When should a full scan be done?

If something is found on my computer should I quarantine it or delete it?

Is there someway to clean the infection so that the files do not have to be deleted?

Thats it for now

Thanks for your help

Lazer :)

Hi Lazer, i allways do a full update first (ALLWAYS have the most up to date version you can)

i also always do the full scan, as some of these little suckers hide well, and then i always check when finished to make sure all of the sods are selected in its list that it has found, and i remove it all.

this product shines above the rest used in our servicing shop, and MANY custermers swear by it like we do.

• Staff

The default setting for the 'Quick scan' option is what we recommend for all users. Full scans rarely if ever find anything of substance that can hurt the system, perhaps an errant reg key, but that's about it.

As for what should or should not be quarantined, it's best to double check things in one form or another, this depends alot on your level of experience of course. If you've got a machine you're working on that's buggered up badly, odds are most of what's found can be quarantined then deleted.

For those who are unsure about what was detected, leaving items found in quarantine for a brief period to assure everything else works properly is prudent.

And of course users an always drop the logs into the forums to be looked at.

And as rydall mentioned, always check for updates before scanning. We update several times a day and on no set schedule.

Basically what I do is whenever I'm just browsing the web and haven't run a scan in a while, I'll open it up, update and run a quick scan as I browse. It doesn't seem to conflict and seeing as I don't suspect there is anything wrong in the first place it's just a 'may as well' thing, as it doesn't slow down the system and doesn't take long to complete.

Also, if it finds somthing when you don't suspect anything is wrong, LEAVE IT IN QUARANTINE! False positives do happen, and it's often a good idea to check the F/P forum if you suddenly have an 'infection' and nothing seems to be amiss. For instance a few months ago MBAM detected a component of AVG 8. I didn't even tell it to remove it because I knew it was safe, but if I had removed it then deleted it from qurantine I may have broken AVG.

Basically what I do is whenever I'm just browsing the web and haven't run a scan in a while, I'll open it up, update and run a quick scan as I browse. It doesn't seem to conflict and seeing as I don't suspect there is anything wrong in the first place it's just a 'may as well' thing, as it doesn't slow down the system and doesn't take long to complete.

Also, if it finds somthing when you don't suspect anything is wrong, LEAVE IT IN QUARANTINE! False positives do happen, and it's often a good idea to check the F/P forum if you suddenly have an 'infection' and nothing seems to be amiss. For instance a few months ago MBAM detected a component of AVG 8. I didn't even tell it to remove it because I knew it was safe, but if I had removed it then deleted it from qurantine I may have broken AVG.

Thank you