adware.agent

Malwarebytes just found adware.agent on my computer, which is odd as I rarely use that computer on-line and alwasy keep it updated with Norton and Malwarebytes. Is this a real threat?

Also, before this computer found adware.agent, a few times malwarebytes was disabled. I had to enable again. This has happened on another computer from time to time and I fixed this problem by reinstalling malwarebytes. Can this be related to a virus and even to adware.agent infection>

• Root Admin

Please enable your system to show hidden files and folders

You can visit the following site for instructions on how to do so

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/

Next, locate the most recent log and open it and the select all, copy/paste to your next reply please.

Log File Locations

Scan Logs

Windows 2000 & Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

File Protection and IP Protection Logs

Windows 2000 & Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & Win7:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs</username></username>

You should also be able to obtain the logs from within the Malwarebytes program from the Logs tab.