Toolwiz system care

Hi, Arnold72: :)

I'm not personally familiar with that program (I prefer CCleaner), but it looks as if forum Moderator hayc59 replied to your earlier inquiry about it a few weeks ago here (including an external link to a generally favorable review of the program)?

(As an aside, it does contain a "Registry Cleaner" and it's generally best to avoid using that feature of most utility programs, since they can really muck up your computer ;) ...)

Cheers!

daledoc1

As a freeware, it is not too bad and has a mount of functions(40+). The good thing is it will show a pop window to ask you to backup your registry when you first run it. then you can start your "testing" with it. So far, the cleaner works well in my XP SP3 and Win7 x64 system.

hmmm ... here is an interesting bit from the wilders security forums , found here :

http://www.wildersse...ad.php?t=312481

"There is clause in their agreement which maybe scary?

6. Collection of Viewing Information. You acknowledge that you are aware of and consent to the collection of your viewing information by TOOLWIZ and/or the provider of the content being accessed via the Software during your use of the Software. Viewing information includes, without limitation, the time spent viewing specific pages, the order in which pages are viewed, the time of day pages are accessed, IP address and user ID. This viewing information may be linked to personally identifiable information, such as name or address."

it is at the bottom of the first page of the thread .

the thread contains a few links to other information .

i seen it mentioned (elsewhere) that the program contains (amongst other things) a "registry/junk cleaner" that (as one poster put it) is ;

"much more aggressive than CCleaner ..." .

to my notion , this can be asking for trouble ... along the lines of giving a 6 year old kid an uzi with a full clip .

Hi, Arnold72: :)

I'm not personally familiar with that program (I prefer CCleaner), but it looks as if forum Moderator hayc59 replied to your earlier inquiry about it a few weeks ago here (including an external link to a generally favorable review of the program)?

(As an aside, it does contain a "Registry Cleaner" and it's generally best to avoid using that feature of most utility programs, since they can really muck up your computer ;) ...)

Cheers!

daledoc1

Hi daledoc1. :)

I couldnt agree with you more in regards to the registry cleaner element of these programs.I dont really trust them at all and i have had some bad episodes after using a couple of them.

The time freeze program looks as if it could be very useful although i dont generally download and install a lot of programs so i dont really need full virtualisation as im running my browser under sandboxie.

Many thanks.

hmmm ... here is an interesting bit from the wilders security forums , found here :

http://www.wildersse...ad.php?t=312481

"There is clause in their agreement which maybe scary?

6. Collection of Viewing Information. You acknowledge that you are aware of and consent to the collection of your viewing information by TOOLWIZ and/or the provider of the content being accessed via the Software during your use of the Software. Viewing information includes, without limitation, the time spent viewing specific pages, the order in which pages are viewed, the time of day pages are accessed, IP address and user ID. This viewing information may be linked to personally identifiable information, such as name or address."

it is at the bottom of the first page of the thread .

the thread contains a few links to other information .

i seen it mentioned (elsewhere) that the program contains (amongst other things) a "registry/junk cleaner" that (as one poster put it) is ;

"much more aggressive than CCleaner ..." .

to my notion , this can be asking for trouble ... along the lines of giving a 6 year old kid an uzi with a full clip .

I am using the Toolwiz Care 2.0.0.2600 now and just copied it's EULA out.

TOOLWIZ END USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT

BY CLICKING ON THE "I Agree" BUTTON, INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, EXECUTING THE SOFTWARE, OR OPENING THIS PACK AGE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR EXECUTE THE SOFTWARE, OR CLICK THE "Cancel" BUTTON, OR, IF APPLICABLE, DO NOT OPEN THIS PACKAGE.

THIS TOOLWIZ END USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (the "License") is made between you, the end user, and TOOLWIZ.

1. Intellectual Property Protection. The Software, including its operation, code, architecture and implementation, as well as the look and feel of the Software, are the valuable intellectual property of TOOLWIZ. The Software is protected by United States patents and copyright laws and international treaty provisions. This License does not give you any intellectual property rights in the Software. Title and related rights in the content accessed through the Software is the property of the applicable content owner and is protected by applicable law. This License gives you no rights to such content. You agree not to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, or make any other attempt by any means to discover or obtain the source code for the Software.

2. NO WARRANTIES. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE IS BORNE BY YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU, AND NOT TOOLWIZ OR ITS RESELLERS ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR AS WELL AS ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, WHICH OCCUR AS A RESULT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NO TOOLWIZ AGENT OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS WARRANTY.

3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL TOOLWIZ OR ITS RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER, EVEN IF TOOLWIZ SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOOLWIZ'S TOTAL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE OR THE SOFTWARE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE (IF ANY), OR US$10, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TOOLWIZ IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU OR A THIRD PARTY THAT IS ACCESSED THROUGH THE SOFTWARE AND/OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH SUCH CONTENT.

4. Termination. Without limiting any rights of TOOLWIZ, your license to use the Software is terminated if you violate this License. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and related documentation.

5. General Provisions. This License is the exclusive agreement between you and TOOLWIZ concerning the Software and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements, representations, negotiations or other dealings between you and www.TOOLWIZ.com. This License will be governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts executed and performed entirely in California by residents of that state. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations. If any part of this License is found to be void, unenforceable or invalid, it shall not affect the other provisions of this License. This License can only be modified by a writing signed by both parties. Failure by either party to enforce any provision of this License will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.

Contact Toolwiz Team via James@toolwiz.com