mbam.exe and Amazonaws

Hi to anyone who can assist. I have Malwarebytes Pro on my laptop and also on my desktop PC. Laptop running Win7 64bit, and PC running XP pro SP3 32bit.

I am amazed at how many IP's Mbam blocks. [i have usually used the free version for years]. I have recently changed my AV to Avast v7, and on both my laptop and PC, Avast pops up saying Mbam.exe is trying to open a web page - Verisign class 3 code signing 2010 CA. The second popup from Avast states Mbam is trying to access amazonaws.com

On both of these occasions, I have been reading a web page, not touching anything at all. All I could find out on the web is that amazonaws is for web creating. I do not visit Amazon nor do I create websites. I have told Avast to "deny" until I know more about it. Could someone tell me please if I should be allowing Mbam to access what it wants to? I know this may be a silly question, as we trust Mbam.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers

Greetings :)

I'm glad to hear that you're pleased with our product and I appreciate the kind words.

Regarding the Amazon site, that's just Malwarebytes Anti-Malware checking in with our servers for updates and stats etc. It's quite safe to allow it.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.