Malwarebytes causing BSoD?

Hi All,

Not too long ago, we got a new computer, and for the first time in over 14 years, we've started getting the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) on a fairly regular basis. (It pops up randomly. Such as opening a browser or bringing in a website; It makes no difference if the computer has just been turned on, or has been on for hours.)

The tech built the computer from scratch, and installed 'Microsoft Security Essentials' and 'Malwarebytes. (Per his recommendations) When we called him about the BSoD, he said it was caused by Malwarebytes. He said it because we also have the 'Microsoft Security Essentials' on the same machine. (We have no other Anti-Virus program installed)

Are we being duped, or could this true? I plan on taking it in for him to fix, but I want to be ready for his excuses. I'd appreciate anyones help. Thank you in advance for your time.

System Info:

Windows 7 Premium

Intel Core i5-2300 CPU 2.80 Ghz

4 GB RAM

Feeling Clueless,

Schnitz :)

Greetings and welcome :)

I currently have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO installed on my Windows 7 x64 system and have had no BSOD's. I also know of many other users who are regulars here on our support forums who use the same combination without issues.

If you would, before taking your PC in for repairs, please contact Malwarebytes Support and they will assist you in diagnosing this issue free of charge. They will be able to determine if it is indeed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware causing the BSOD's.