Clearer info on MBAM

I think I may have posted this before, but I really think the website needs to be much more clearer on Malwarebytes' not being an antivirus and being a complementary solution to your existing protection. The information provided is very conflicting and sounds too much like an antivirus. I see a lot of new members asking the same old questions on Malwarebytes' being used as a standalone product. :unsure:

Why Do You Need Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes products have a proven record of protecting computers by completely removing all forms of malware, including viruses, Trojans, spyware, adware and rootkits. When it comes to the safety of your computer, Malwarebytes provides the ultimate in protection from the cutting edge of technology!

Detect and Protect with Byte

Malware is big and malware is bad. Your computer is constantly at risk from infection by malware including viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers and spyware. Malwarebytes specializes in fighting malware.

If viruses are mischief, malware is mayhem. Malware doesn’t just want to disrupt your network, it wants your keystrokes, logins, passwords, address book, data, credit card information, favorite t-shirt and possibly your cat.

Malware is not going away any time soon. Malware is growing, developing, constantly evolving. Malware is becoming more difficult to detect, and even harder to remove.

Only the most sophisticated anti-malware techniques can detect and remove malicious programs from your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO combines powerful new technologies designed to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO detects AND protects in an easy-to-use, straightforward, heavy-hitting but lightweight anti-malware application.

Thanks for the input :). I agree, and we do have several improvements to the website's content in the works, but I do not know when they will be completed, but being clearer about what MBAM is and what it does is one of the areas that we plan to improve.

:)

You're welcome. :) Good. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it really takes time away from helping those who really need help. :)

In addition I'd recommend a FAQ on the home page for common things like explanation of the term malware and viruses and other content we get a lot of posts on aside from the technical FAQ. :)