Program_Error_Load Database

Hello Abernyte and welcome to the Malwarebytes forums!

This issue was resolved by the latest beta release of Malwarebytes version 1.60. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.60 to your desktop by clicking on this link.

After downloading to your desktop, right click the program and select "Extract Here."

Once that is done, you will be able to double click the Malwarebytes installer to install the latest version.

Many thanks. I managed to get the programme to run by reanming the rules.ref file and downloading a clean version of the database. I will upgrade immediately.

Great service...well worth the modest subscription!

I am glad that you were able to get the issue resolved.

One thing I did want to mention is that the fee you paid for the Malwarebytes consumer license is a one payment that is good for life. There is no yearly subscription. No additional fees will ever be charged to you.

Enjoy the newest version of Malwarebytes and make sure to post any comments about version 1.60 in this post.

This issue was resolved by the latest beta release of Malwarebytes version 1.60. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.60 to your desktop by clicking on this link.

After downloading to your desktop, right click the program and select "Extract Here."

Once that is done, you will be able to double click the Malwarebytes installer to install the latest version.

Will using this method affect my license? I don't know where I placed my validation code now and don't want to risk it being lost in the re-install of the updated program.

Thanks

I don't know where I placed my validation code now and don't want to risk it being lost in the re-install of the updated program

Open your Malwarebytes program face, click on the Register tab and see if the details are there -

Check the email from Cleverbridge and the details are still listed there -

If all else fails please post back and we will help you get the Key and ID for you -

Thank You -

Open your Malwarebytes program face, click on the Register tab and see if the details are there -

Check the email from Cleverbridge and the details are still listed there -

If all else fails please post back and we will help you get the Key and ID for you -

Thank You -

Thanks for the quick reply. If by program face, you mean the actual MBAM program with the tabs, I can't get it to load at all so I can't access the Register tab you're referring to.

By chance other have changed some file called rules.ref and been able to get their program to load. Would that be something I should try? And if yes, how do I find the rules.ref file on a vista computer.

Thank you.

One thing I did want to mention is that the fee you paid for the Malwarebytes consumer license is a one payment that is good for life. There is no yearly subscription. No additional fees will ever be charged to you.

Michael please forgive my irony. I was indicating approval of such good service free of charge which you will agree is "a very modest fee"! :)

By chance other have changed some file called rules.ref and been able to get their program to load. Would that be something I should try? And if yes, how do I find the rules.ref file on a vista computer.

It is found at C/ProgramData/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/rules.ref It is better to rename it rather than deleting it so at least you can restore it later if required.

Rename > Start Malwarebyte > Take Yes to download new database.

I upgraded as advised to 1.60 and it retained all the program registration details okay.

It is found at C/ProgramData/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/rules.ref It is better to rename it rather than deleting it so at least you can restore it later if required.

Rename > Start Malwarebyte > Take Yes to download new database.

I upgraded as advised to 1.60 and it retained all the program registration details okay.

is that the path for Vista computers too?

I hit similar error with (2, 2SDK) running XP Pro SP3. My Win7 install has not exhibited this problem....yet. I will try the beta and see if problem goes away. Time for reboot. We'll see if it behaves now.

• 2 weeks later...