MBAM Runtime Error

ISSUE: I'm getting a Runtime error 0 and 440 automation error.

Posted Image Posted Image

SOLUTION: Please do the following to see if it fixes the error:

Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files

Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)

Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. For Vista please right click on it and choose Run As Admin

Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered

If you get an error that REGSVR32 "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", then ensure that the file REGSVR32.EXE exists in the %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 folder. If it's not found there you can copy if from another Computer running the same operating system and service pack level.

If that doesn't fix it then please download and install the Microsoft Visual Basic Common Controls from here to see if it helps.

The solution in the FAQ doesn't work. I click the MBAM saved batch notepad file and the first works but I get a call to DLLregister code failed after the 1st successful one for the rest of the batch. Any tips to fix this problem? Should I just uninstall and reinstall MBAM. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

I didn't, but I checked and found the RegsVR32.EX and found it in my System 32. Should I still download it anyway? Interestingly enough, My Spybot Search and Destroy is giving me a Runtime Error 217 so it may be a virus. Although my McAfee, and Super-Anti Spyware seem to be work fine, as does my computer.

Last night I tried downloading it and then installing it but it said I lacked memory processing. Last night I had issues with Firefox closing and not being able to re-open and MBAM and Spybot not opening due to runtime errors. I restarted my computer and everything seems to be working fine now. Is it possible that I accidentally updated MBAM twice simultaneously by accidentally double clicking it and thus causing the error that I had yesterday. It's just a theory, and I doubt that's what happened. Weird how everything is fine now, though. The errors happened out of no where so maybe a restart was all I needed...