BIOS problem

ajp

I didnt knew how to do the CPR part....

Can u help me pls?

I'm on another pc

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5B/#download --> "OS: DOS" --> "BIOS-Utilities" --> "ASUS Update V7.10.05 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista & Windows"

Extract files and install. Then use the ASUSUpdate utility to "Update BIOS from file" pointing the utility to the folder where you previously downloaded the P5B BIOS v2104 .ROM file.

I mean, i updated the bios, using the EZ flash 2, but skipped that part of CPR...

Is there any problem by skipping that part?

I don't understand what you mean by CPR. To me, CPR is Coronary Pulmonary Resuscitation which I am sure isn't what you mean.

When it boots, does the system now show P5B BIOS version 2104 ?

If yes, what about Beep Codes upon a cold boot ?

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1

This, part14, C.P.R. xD

I skipped that part, but now I tested through cpuz, and it shows 2104 version

"Perform a C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall) which resets the chipset. Power down, remove power cord from the PSU for 2 minutes and then power up."

Not too important.

What is important is that "it shows 2104 version".

So now we get back to the ORIGINAL problem. On a cold boot, are you still getting the Beep Codes ?

What do you mean by appropriate drivers?

I have 2Gb ram, and in asus.com p5b is windows 7 ready.

I didn't look to see if there are Win7 drivers. So that was what is meant by "appropriate drivers". When I look back at post #23 and the URL I provided you, yes there are Win7 drivers.

If this is Win7/32, double the RAM to 4GB.

If this is Win7/64, increase the RAM to 6GB, preferably max it out at 8GB.

Ok, either way, I'm thinking about building a new pc, not now, maybe March/April next year, so then I'll buy almost everything new, in that time, I 'll ask for your opinion.

So, I guess we don't need to bother anymore with the beeps, the pc has been working fine for more than a year with the beeps, so...

Only one thing,since I updated the bios, I had a BSoD, didn't know why that happened, that time wasnt related to the printer...

Do you think that 64bit is worth the added expenses?

Ok, either way, I'm thinking about building a new pc, not now, maybe March/April next year, so then I'll buy almost everything new, in that time, I 'll ask for your opinion.

So, I guess we don't need to bother anymore with the beeps, the pc has been working fine for more than a year with the beeps, so...

Only one thing,since I updated the bios, I had a BSoD, didn't know why that happened, that time wasnt related to the printer...

Do you think that 64bit is worth the added expenses?

Eventually you'll see 64bit OS' as the prevalent OS since the Windows OS is full of bloat and the max. RAM for Win32 is ~4GB (minus hardware this leaves 3.25~3.5GB free RAM).

The amount of RAM that a 64bit OS is much greater, 2^64, but is limited by Microsoft's coding.