Help with Trojan

Hi, I hope you can help me out.

My computer has been infected with win32/Zbot , AVG seems to have removed a lot of these files but I suspect my computer is not totally clean. AVG detected the initial virus and blocked it, but somehow it still got in.

It has removed over 100 Win32/Zbot.G viruses found in various locations. It also found Trojan horse Hider.MPR which it said has been deleted. This was found in AppData\Local\Temp\vwtpuiwg.sys

It also put an icon on my desktop, the icon was a quill and ink pot and names with random numbers and it wouldn't let me delete it at first. I disconnected from the internet and rebooted. Using windows defender I removed the start up programs that had been added, these were connected to this icon that had been added. I then manually searched through the local temp files and deleted at least 6 identical files that also had this quill and ink pot icon along with some strange text files that had been created on the day of the virus.

I have run PC safe doctor and that is clear. I then found this forum posting with similar issues. Attached are the GMER and OTL logs. Malware bytes posted below.

I am worried that ports have been opened etc and that security is compromised. If it is clear but the security is still questionable should I format the computer?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7893

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19120

07/10/2011 12:56:00

mbam-log-2011-10-07 (12-56-00).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 241644

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Regards

Borogorn

ark.zip

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I panicked and re-installed Windows.

Took ages setting it all back up again. When I finally got it up and running I scanned C: with AVG and it found a root kit in the windows.old file.

"C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log";"Hidden file";"Object is inaccessible."

I forced AVG to delete this.

Is there a chance that I could still have a problem? If so let me know what to do.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!